The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so bored I've actually searched back on the official site to McLeish's first interviews

"I'll prove I'm the man for the job."

"Let me prove myself and I'll win you over."

"Every summer, the first day of pre-season, I have always had - from the day I started playing football - high optimism."

"I'm always thinking 'why can we not do really well this season.' And nothing has changed my mind on working with this bunch of lads."

"We go into the campaign with optimism. We know there are tough challenges ahead but you wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

"I know that some of our fans have voiced concerns and I can understand why. It will be up to me to convince you that I am the right man to drive the Club forward and I intend to give absolutely everything to prove that I can be a success at the Club."

Paul Faulkner, chief executive of Aston Villa, said: "We believe we have appointed the right man for the job."

"Unquestionably, Alex meets the criteria we set out at the beginning of our search which was based on proven Premier League experience, leadership, a hard-working ethic and, most importantly, a shared vision for Aston Villa."

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry...

As can be seen from my posts, I just call him his actual name Mcleish or sometimes AM his initials. So far I have seen

Mc Negative

Mc clown

Mc clearing in the woods

Mc clueless

Mc tosser

Mc Adjective

M clearing in the woods

Mc duff

Mc loser

Mc word removed

Mc stupid

Mc agent

Mc shit

and of course his actual name Mcleish.

I think that is all. Have I missed any?

Mc Relegator

i really cannot understand the love for Kmac.... Well below par.....

He has done pretty well with our youth and considering our team currently is largely based off of youth players, he could do well. I doubt he'd do worse than McLeish.

Although this season has been one of the worst (if not the worst) in my living memory, I'm still willing to give AM a chance. He's been unlucky with injuries and given more time with the team, when our players return next season, I can see him guiding us back into the top half.

We can't forget that he led SHA to their highest finish in 50 years and won them their first proper trophy in their history with a squad far below the standard of ours. He took down Bruce's team in his first half season and once he'd got the team to gel, he got them instant promotion and had a 15 match unbeaten streak the following season, before winning the cup the next. If it wasn't for a lot of injuries (not dissimilar to ourselves) I'm sure he would have kept them up and gone down as the most successful manager in their history.

Give him a bit more time and he'll do the business. I'm predicting we'll finish 13th this season.

Although this season has been one of the worst (if not the worst) in my living memory, I'm still willing to give AM a chance. He's been unlucky with injuries and given more time with the team, when our players return next season, I can see him guiding us back into the top half.

Give him a bit more time and he'll do the business. I'm predicting we'll finish 13th this season.

You say he's been unlucky with injuries - but what exactly did he achieve when the likes of Bent, Petrov, Dunne, N'Zogbia, Delph et al were all match fit and available for selection???

Not much - yes the injuries are bad at this moment in time but whoever AMc has available to pick, he'll play them in the same negative style.

I do not want this man in charge of the club come the beginning of last season - we've lost all signs of fight, pride and ability on match day thanks to him.

It's ok Lerner is over as we speak addressing things

Is this true?

Yep, our resident plane spotter confirmed The Falcon has landed

Just to be clear, I confirmed that he arrived. I have no knowledge whether he is 'addressing things'

I read a post elsewhere yesterday making all kinds of accusations about what I have apparently claimed, none of which was true!

You cannot have your cake & eat it

Instead of making up stuff around what he said, why dont you just read what he said?

Randy is here, that is all Trees said, nothing else, the rest is a figment of your own "locked in a dark room" fantasy.

I stand by what I said yesterday, it really is very sad!

To be honest, Id much rather promote KMac and Sid than appoint a curbs or Martinez or Bruce

Without turning this into a vendetta, that statement suggests your knowledge of football is somewhere between "I saw it on telly once" and "I play subbuteo".

How can you possible appoint the reserve team coach over someone like Curbishley or Martinez who have expeience of keeping sides in the division and actually playing some form of football rather than "The Alamo?".

Come on, do you genuinely believe that? If so, I have to ask if you are actually Paul Faulkner? :?:

Ah Macandully I prefer to do all my research on football manager 2010

The point is KMac / Sid know the club inside out, they'd be a safer bet than a curbs or Martinez short term to get us through this turbulence

I really can't believe how ill informed you are or are you just a bit backwards

Ah Macandully I prefer to do all my research on football manager 2010

The point is KMac / Sid know the club inside out, they'd be a safer bet than a curbs or Martinez short term to get us through this turbulence

I really can't believe how ill informed you are or are you just a bit backwards

I dont know why I bother but here we go, and as an aside, if you bothered to go to school instead of spending all your time on here,your spelling might improve.

They are coaches and neither has shown any indication of wanting to stand in. The last time KMac did it he was under duress and refused to put himself forward for the big job full time.

I rate both, but coaching is a different egg to management as many have found out previously. You only need to look as far as Wolves to see an example of that.

You have repeatedly dissed Martinez and Curbishley for reasons only you appear to see and frankly seem to charge round here with half arsed comments based on what appears to be very little.

If you have an argument to make constructively, do so, but do not make stuff up just to pee other people off.

To be fair to CI, he does say Sid and Co would be a better bet to get us through this short term turbulence. I can't see Martinez leaving Wigan for the last six games of the season and coming here, quite frankly, and Curbishley would take too long to get to know the squad.

Villa cannot rebuild under AM/PG because their clueless kind of football is awful to play and watch. The manager/coach needs to take players back to basics and introduce a system that is based on comfortable possession and entertaining football. A three/four year job for Roberto Martinez imo.

Whoever replaces McLeish needs to start this summer, before we damage the future development of some potentially very good young players.

At least if we appointed KMAC until the end of the season he could get something out of the kids. AMC just comes out with "well they're only young and not really good enough for the first team so we shouldn't expect too much from them."

Our reserves/youth team are **** good and on their day should be a decent match for some of the teams we have to play.

Sack AMC now, get a massive boost around the club, and give the job to KMAC until June when we can target a more experienced managed. We're Aston Villa for ****'s sake and our board/management team are making us look like a League 1 outfit.

Looking at what Curbs did with Charlton and Wet Spam he during his time in charge got 1.56pts per game.

(1.62 at WH, 1.5 at Charlton)

Now Kmacs Managerial career at the club "he knows inside out" is 1.14.....

I'll go with curbs cheers if need be.

To be honest his record is up there with the little. BFR and gregory records at villa.

Greg = 1.57

Little = 1.52

BFR = 1.55

Looking at the stats CI who would you want in charge?

Â