The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

If we beat Bolton I still want him gone.

We were good in the first 45 today. Dropped a little during the second half. Delighted we won because it was important for the club. Sod McLiesh. First win in how long? After draws with Wigan QPR and Blackburn!

It's not EVER going to work with him here. We will never warm to him. We will never sing his name. I don't trust McLiesh to spend in the summer at all.

Attendances are down for a reason. The football we play is horrid. As I said it will never work here for him. We need to get rid and move on. I fear another season with him, and no matter how much her may spend, another relegation scrap with piss poor football. No doubt he'll blame new signings 'qlicking'. Soon the man will have to blame the refreshments staff for his piss poor management.

McLiesh out. And I'm sorry my opinion will never change.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were good in the first 45 today. Dropped a little during the second half. Delighted we won because it was important for the club. Sod McLiesh. First win in how long? After draws with Wigan QPR and Blackburn!

It's not EVER going to work with him here. We will never warm to him. We will never sing his name. I don't trust McLiesh to spend in the summer at all.

Attendances are down for a reason. The football we play is horrid. As I said it will never work here for him. We need to get rid and move on. I fear another season with him, and no matter how much her may spend, another relegation scrap with piss poor football. No doubt he'll blame new signings 'qlicking'. Soon the man will have to blame the refreshments staff for his piss poor management.

Well, at least you have an open mind.

Well, at least you have an open mind.

Thats just it thought isnt it.

Open mind or no open mind, the truth is, he will never be accepted here. Every week that goes by it just gets more and more painful.

Mcleish will never be liked by the fans. Regardless.

Each week he manages us, it just delays the inevitable. Even the fans who like Mcleish must accept it isnt going to work for him here. He is a failure of a man. A ginger **** of the highest order.

Surprised at some of the posts here about his after-game comments. Seems to me he can't do anything right by some of you lot. He could say nothing for the entire post-match interview and that would be enough fodder for a lot of you to take a pop.

Damned if he does, damned if he don't.

Credit where it is due. He chose the tactics, he chose the run on squad and he chose the substitutes to come on when it wasn't working and he got the win.

I'd still like someone else in charge, but I cannot begrudge AM when he gets it right.

When there are people like Trent Villa refusing to offer praise to him when we win, what chance does he have. If he keeps winning matches opinions like TV's become irrelevant, let's hope for the sake of the club he can follow this win with another against Bolton.

Why would I praise a manager who has so far managed to win 7 games?

Why would I praise a manager who has played some of the worst negative football I've seen in 25 years supporting the club?

I tell you what I find odd, when we lose games people talk about the players and then suddenly win a game and people want to praise the manager!

I'm not going to praise McLeish for beating Fulham at VP because quite simply he doesn't deserve any praise. I'm not saying he had no input on us getting the 3 points, I'm simply saying it doesn't do a thing to change my opinion on him or his performance as our manager which has been beyond poor.

We all hope we beat Bolton for the good of the club so you aren't alone there but even if we do I still won't change my opinion about McLeish.

If you are the sort of fan that changes your opinion based on one or two games then fair enough but it takes a little more than that for me to form or change my view.

I didn't see his post match interview so I don't know what he said. However, I can understand why he would mention the fact one if his subs scored but ONLY if he explained the decision to put Weimann on for N'Zogbia! That decision shocked everyone around me. Either Albrighton or Petrov should have gone off at that point in the game.

I would imagine that Andy Weimann is now top of McLeish's Christmas card list after getting that goal!

Surprised at some of the posts here about his after-game comments. Seems to me he can't do anything right by some of you lot. He could say nothing for the entire post-match interview and that would be enough fodder for a lot of you to take a pop.

I think the problem is that he came across as a little smug, which he perhaps has a right to after the subs thing but when you are already unpopular and you have just won your first home game in 4 months I'd suggest being smug isn't the best idea.

im not gonna change my opinion of him just because of a scabby late goal...

it was typical McLeish's villa before that...

play decent football for 45 minutes but create **** all and then come out second half and bend over for the opposition...

Schwarzer could just as easily palmed Gardner's shot away....

im pleased with the victory but only because it steers us clear of relegation.......

so you can still kindly **** off Alex

I tell you what I find odd, when we lose games people talk about the players and then suddenly win a game and people want to praise the manager!

A lot of the time it's vice versa.

ALL of the time it is vice versa.

Basically the players at Aston Villa can play however they feel like, because a large group of supporters will always blame McLeish, but those same supporters will never praise him if he gets something right.

Isn't there a mix of praise and criticism in the individual player threads.

See Alan Huttons Fan Club as a prime example, of late the posts are turning positive

Alex should be given the same flex

I'm happy to give mcleish some credit for the win yesterday. I was happy with the starting 11 and i liked the way we played, especially how hard we worked closing them down the minute they had the ball in the 1st half.

However the word removed of a man just couldn't help being a word removed of a man a bit more when the cameras were on.

What kind of prick would act that smug against fans who already hate him enough after two poor draws against two poor teams and being 2 minutes away from breaking a shocking club record.

I had enough from the shit football and results, now i hate the bloke for just being who he is.

Odd. I must have imagined the various threads on different players being critical of them and their performances.

As a group, not individuals.

Individual players will always receive some criticism, they even did under the Messiah.

If the team as a whole performs badly, in the eyes of many on here, it is always McLeish's fault.

However the word removed of a man just couldn't help being a word removed of a man a bit more when the cameras were on.

But then Villa supporters have a long history of dishing it but not taking it.

And football supporters in general will give a player or manager pelters, and then go whining to the authorities when the persecuted individual flicks the v sign, or tells them to f off.

I wish Alex McLeish many more f you moments, because it will mean that we are winning games.

Attendances are down for a reason.

And that reason in the main isn't who the manager is

I think it is impossible to give any one reason why the attendances are down, it is a combination of many factors.

McLeish and the football he plays are certainly two of those factors though.

Attendances are down for a reason.

And that reason in the main isn't who the manager is

I think it is impossible to give any one reason why the attendances are down, it is a combination of many factors.

McLeish and the football he plays are certainly two of those factors though.

Agreed but attendances were down and well down before a ball was kicked. Season Ticket sales were well down before even McLeish was appointed. Attendances are down throughout the PL, the trend is downwards throughout football.

McLeish is a much smaller factor than economics

Â