The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Lets not let facts or stats get in the way of a bit of manager bashing eh?

Like for Like, he's doing better than Messiah Martin at this stage of season 1

You are away in your own little world.

I used to try and provide a reasoned argument to some of the more laughable posts on here, now I dont bother. I just sit here thinking "What a load of bollocks!"

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of prick would act that smug against fans who already hate him enough after two poor draws against two poor teams and being 2 minutes away from breaking a shocking club record.

The kind of prick who has had thousands of people telling him he doesn't know what he's doing?

...And maybe he doesn't know what he's doing. But it would be hard not to feel a BIT vindicated after the winner was set up by his three subs. Why he took off the Zog is beyond me, but a win is a ...

It's frustrating to see people declaring that they will never warm to McLeish. I say judge him on results alone. By that measure the judgement is probably this: He appears to be a bit rubbish, but considering that we are only 4 points off 8th place after selling two of our best players, he deserves at least to finish the season.

RL is NOT going to want to cough up another few million to replace McLeish.

So Villa fans have two choices, as far as I can see:

ACCEPT it and give McLeish the support he needs as Villa manager until results improve or he gets replaced by RL.

or

Don't accept it, and find another team to support.

This third alternative of constant whingeing and second-guessing of every decision he makes is not going to help the situation at all.

Sorry mate, absolute bullshit. We dont have two choices at all. We can support the club without supporting the man and looking at your location, it appears you are in a position to do neither.

Fair enough, I didn't express things very well in that post.

What I was trying to say was that McLeish is here to stay, so undermining him with booing and chanting isn't going to have positive results.

Have to disagree about being able to offer support from abroad. The club are getting my money from my subscription to the (fairly crap) AVTV service. I wear the shirt and adorn my possessions with Villa badges to do what I can to raise the profile of the club. Two years ago I bought a season ticket for a fan who was on hard times. I provide support for the manager by trying to counter some of the more excessive criticism on VT (for what that's worth). So I think I can and do provide some small level of support, thanks.

Out of interest, you seem very similar to a VT member who doesn't post here any more: Is your first name Paul? And have you ditched Donya in favour of Ally? Just wondering.

Cant people just be happy with a win?!?!

Ffs...

I'd love to be happy with the win and the manner in which we achieved it. Unfortunately I can't with him in charge.

It matters little what you think about that.

I am pleased with the 3 points and premier league survival.

What is our lowest points tally in the prem, also what is our lowest goals scored?

When did we last finish below West Brom, When did we last finish below two promoted teams, when did Swansea last finish above us? When did we last go almost 4 months without a home win when was the last time we went through a season without winning at least two consecutive wins? What is thismanagers win % compared to others?

Cheers.

What is our lowest points tally in the prem, also what is our lowest goals scored?

When did we last finish below West Brom, When did we last finish below two promoted teams, when did Swansea last finish above us? When did we last go almost 4 months without a home win when was the last time we went through a season without winning at least two consecutive wins? What is thismanagers win % compared to others?

Cheers.

Well, since when did the season end in early March?

Ffs...

People are happy with a win. :|

well even doug said it above... would love to be happy but cant with him in charge. And thats what its all about.

Havent been on here since the win yesterday and as far as i can tell its just the same old shit being regurgitated, nevermind we got 3 points. How sad.

Ffs...

well even doug said it above... would love to be happy but cant with him in charge. And thats what its all about.

You think I'm happy to feel this way about my club? Seriously?

I've ALWAYS enjoyed watching the Villa. Even last season, even under Taylor and for the most part under O'Deary too. I've never felt so utterly dejected, depressed and ignored by my club.

What do you want me to say? Do you want me to lie and say I'm delighted, I'll give him another chance?

Yes, it's very sad.

Seriously lauging to myself at the people that think that a flukey last gasp 3 points should mean we change our mind about McLeish and get behind him.

Congrats Eck, you got the subs correct, well done. What your forgetting is that you have also got the subs and tactics completely wrong for pretty much every other game this season.

Ill be very happy that we avoid relegation but that doesnt change the fact we have a blinkered buffoon running the club and an out of his depth, tactically useless manager. The scary thing is that its looking likely he will get millions to spunk next season. Truly scary.

Im releived we got 3 points as it gets us closer to staying up under our own power. I just cannot get excited or happy about it as I simply dont care at all. Just a total sense of apathy. Mostly down to McLeish and Randy.

Ffs...

Havent been on here since the win yesterday and as far as i can tell its just the same old shit being regurgitated, nevermind we got 3 points. How sad.

Ironic that with these observations you are repeating yourself.

I think everyone including Doug is happy with the win but that doesn't mean they are happy overall with McLeish or the direction of the club which is fair enough.

It just seems to me that some fans don't want to read negative things, they want a positive world in which nobody talks about the negatives. Its unrealistic, idealistic and never going to happen on a football message board it didn't when things were going well.

So if people don't want to read negative things they are free not read them.

Ironic that with these observations you are repeating yourself.

I think everyone including Doug is happy with the win but that doesn't mean they are happy overall with McLeish or the direction of the club which is fair enough.

It just seems to me that some fans don't want to read negative things, they want a positive world in which nobody talks about the negatives. Its unrealistic, idealistic and never going to happen on a football message board it didn't when things were going well.

So if people don't want to read negative things they are free not read them.

DDID will do, or Dave. Never Doug, please Trent. You know better!

I was delighted with the win yesterday and went absolutely mad when Andy scored, but I wasn't quite as happy as I normally would've been after a win. I didn't even feel like this a few months ago.

I guess I feel the same way as DDID just not to such an extreme extent.

I think its ok to look at negatives in a win. Just like you look at positives in a loss. Sometimes looking at the negatives can help improve further.

What I dont understand is when people make up negatives like 'It was wrong to take Nzogbia off'. How on earth can that be true? When Nzogbia went off it was 0-0. We won the game 1-0. While Im not suggesting we won the game as a direct result of Nzog being off, something about that substitution was right and I think the people are wrong to make up a negative from it.

Seriously lauging to myself at the people that think that a flukey last gasp 3 points should mean we change our mind about McLeish and get behind him.

Congrats Eck, you got the subs correct, well done. What your forgetting is that you have also got the subs and tactics completely wrong for pretty much every other game this season.

Ill be very happy that we avoid relegation but that doesnt change the fact we have a blinkered buffoon running the club and an out of his depth, tactically useless manager. The scary thing is that its looking likely he will get millions to spunk next season. Truly scary.

Im releived we got 3 points as it gets us closer to staying up under our own power. I just cannot get excited or happy about it as I simply dont care at all. Just a total sense of apathy. Mostly down to McLeish and Randy.

This - 3 points, brilliant. But one swallow doesn;t make a summer.

Like many others, I fell into an emotional 'we've turned the corner' following the Stoke away and Chelsea away results. But look what happened to Chelsea after that lol! And look what happened to us? Spunked by the Welsh Assembly.

Feet on the ground folks... We have a bumpy road ahead, even with a scrappy, at the death reprieve from the Wee Man...

I think its ok to look at negatives in a win. Just like you look at positives in a loss. Sometimes looking at the negatives can help improve further.

What I dont understand is when people make up negatives like 'It was wrong to take Nzogbia off'. How on earth can that be true? When Nzogbia went off it was 0-0. We won the game 1-0. While Im not suggesting we won the game as a direct result of Nzog being off, something about that substitution was right and I think the people are wrong to make up a negative from it.

It was wrong to take N'Zogbia off. It should've been Albrighton coming off.

Â