The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Slowly, he's possibly starting to get things right, it's just some won't accept it

Not afraid to play the kids

Not afraid to use subs

Hutton & Zog his signings starting to look the part

Stephen Ireland transformed under Alex

What a crock, like he has a choice in the matter?

Not afraid to play the kids? Is that why Gardner and Wieman started yesterday? Oh thats right, Weiman got 15 minutes, Gardner 3.

Not afraid to use subs? For the most parts his substitutions have been dire and tactically inept. Petrov was out on his legs from the 60th minute onwards and yet he brought him off in the 90th minute, the 90th!

Hutton and Zog? Huttons first decent performance, Zog is up and down and looks like he needs an arm around his shoulder.

Stephen Ireland transformed? He has always been a player, now he is getting game time to find form. I wouldnt read much more than that into it.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed but attendances were down and well down before a ball was kicked. Season Ticket sales were well down before even McLeish was appointed. Attendances are down throughout the PL, the trend is downwards throughout football.

McLeish is a much smaller factor than economics

Well according to the General the ST sales were the same as the season before although I don't think I will take him at his word on that.

While I agree with the general gist of your point I personally do think McLeish is more of a factor than you seemingly do though you are right in your wider points.

There is though no way of anyone giving a definitive answer on this.

**** off you ginger word removed!!!

And **** off Lerner for hiring him.

Words fail me

Good because when they don't all you seem to muster is trolling bullshit.

This!!

In case you missed it CI, that was our first win in four months, FOUR MONTHS.

How you can possibly read some form of positivity into a 90th minute winner beggers belief.

Not afraid to play the kids? Is that why Gardner and Wieman started yesterday? Oh thats right, Weiman got 15 minutes, Gardner 3.

Nobody forced him to start 19 year old Gardner for those few games that he did, or Herd for that matter. Credit where it's due when he gets it right.

Slowly, he's possibly starting to get things right, it's just some won't accept it

Not afraid to play the kids

Not afraid to use subs

Hutton & Zog his signings starting to look the part

Stephen Ireland transformed under Alex

What a crock, like he has a choice in the matter?

Not afraid to play the kids? Is that why Gardner and Wieman started yesterday? Oh thats right, Weiman got 15 minutes, Gardner 3. - So he did have a choice in the matter...

Not afraid to use subs? For the most parts his substitutions have been dire and tactically inept. Petrov was out on his legs from the 60th minute onwards and yet he brought him off in the 90th minute, the 90th! - slowly getting things right, slowly.

Hutton and Zog? Huttons first decent performance, Zog is up and down and looks like he needs an arm around his shoulder. Definitely not Hutton's first decent performance, he's been playing a lot better in the last month or 2. N'Zogbia didn't have a great game but he scored in the last game and again, has started looking better.

Stephen Ireland transformed? He has always been a player, now he is getting game time to find form. I wouldnt read much more than that into it. - Ireland has started putting in shifts, winning the ball, making tackles and covering back. That IS a total transformation to the lazy piece of shit we signed when we got Milner.

What CI said was - Slowly, he's possibly starting to get things right, it's just some won't accept it - well done for proving his point :lol:

I'll tell you why I'm taking some big positives out of the win. Fulham came into the game on fire, full of confidence and looking for a 4th straight PL win. Dempsey and the big Russian didn't have a sniff all day. We dominated much of the game with Petrov and Herd brilliant in the middle.

Alex used his subs wisely, he also set us up well at the start.

He's finally getting to grips with the job IMO, his signings are settling in & 4 or 5 of the academy lads are getting great experience which all points to a better 2012/13 season and beyond

I think he was fully entitled to have that dig and a wry smile, he got things right yesterday and he has put up with some unfair criticism. (some of it warranted though)

So we come incredibly close to breaking two awful club records.

We have just drawn two games with two of the worst teams in the league and after this, because his sub scored in the last minute, he's entitled to have a dig? Just shows what a deluded word removed he really is.

Nobody forced him to start 19 year old Gardner for those few games that he did, or Herd for that matter. Credit where it's due when he gets it right.

Perhaps you could lay out his options given the injury list we had at that time?

Hand Forced springs to mind.

im not gonna change my opinion of him just because of a scabby late goal...

it was typical McLeish's villa before that...

play decent football for 45 minutes but create **** all and then come out second half and bend over for the opposition...

Schwarzer could just as easily palmed Gardner's shot away....

im pleased with the victory but only because it steers us clear of relegation.......

so you can still kindly **** off Alex

100% agree, we get a huge slice of luck and all of a sudden we have to forget everything that's gone before it and start thinking what a good manager we have?

It's bullshit, I'm fed up in the upper holte with the number of better fan than you brigade members there are, people were threatening to punch other fans because they were shouting mcleish out by me, far too many people are happy with the shit we are being served

I'll tell you why I'm taking some big positives out of the win. Fulham came into the game on fire, full of confidence and looking for a 4th straight PL win. Dempsey and the big Russian didn't have a sniff all day. We dominated much of the game with Petrov and Herd brilliant in the middle.

He's finally getting to grips with the job IMO, his signings are settling in & 4 or 5 of the academy lads are getting great experience which all points to a better 2012/13 season and beyond

Read similar rubbish after we beat chelsea.

Read similar rubbish after we beat wolves.

Our first home win in 4 months, our 7th win all season.

It is going to take a whole lot more than a lucky, scrappy injury time winner against Fulham to make me think we've anything to look forward to under McLeish.

I seem to recall when we beat Chelsea people were saying similar things and we followed that up by getting beat by Swansea at home.

A late winner against Fulham really doesn't point to a better season next season and to try and suggest it does it actually rather silly.

They were not at the races first half, you could argue that they were slow out of the blocks as much as we pushed them back.

One win in four months and he is getting to grips with the job, by 2018 he should have a real idea of what managment is about.

I find your ability to cling to any abject hope quite comical if I am honest. We went through this when we last won, the whole corner turned thing and look what followed.

There is no future at the club for McLeish, its so obvious to almost all and sundry but I applaud those who wriggle out the woodwork everytime there is a positive upturn in the clubs fortunes, no matter how fortuitous the occurence. For me there is no 2012/13 season to look forward to with this dick in charge and I am certainly not going to change my opinion based on one result when all that proceeds that result points to a desperate manager who is tactically ineffective and motivationally poor.

Perhaps you could lay out his options given the injury list we had at that time?

Hand Forced springs to mind.

Nope, his hand was nowhere near forced. Nobody forced him to hand Gary his first start against Wolves away. Nobody forced him to play Herd in midfield alongside Petrov. Nobody forced him to give Bannan a run of 8 or so starts at the start of the season.

Not saying CI is completely right...he hasn't slowly done anything up to this point. We just came off the back of 2 poor results against 2 of the bottom 5, and haven't won since god knows when. We were about to equal our worst ever home run. But taking this game in isolation, AM got things right and credit where it's due.

The single biggest improvement in the team has come from the absence of Dunne and his replacement with Cuellar.

That is something McLeish could and should have done months ago and it isn't with hindsight that I'm saying it. McLeish didn't drop Dunne, he is only out the team because of injury otherwise he would be playing and we would still be shipping soft goals.

That is one of the big reasons why I'm not really willing to give McLeish much praise and why I think that McLeish's hand has slightly been forced in that element of team selection.

It is going to take a whole lot more than a lucky, scrappy injury time winner against Fulham to make me think we've anything to look forward to under McLeish.

I seem to recall when we beat Chelsea people were saying similar things and we followed that up by getting beat by Swansea at home.

A late winner against Fulham really doesn't point to a better season next season and to try and suggest it does it actually rather silly.

This for me. Keep in mind Fulham are pretty rubbish away. Just hope we get enough points to stay up then move on.

The single biggest improvement in the team has come from the absence of Dunne and his replacement with Cuellar.

That is something McLeish could and should have done months ago and it isn't with hindsight that I'm saying it. McLeish didn't drop Dunne, he is only out the team because of injury otherwise he would be playing and we would still be shipping soft goals.

That is one of the big reasons why I'm not really willing to give McLeish much praise and why I think that McLeish's hand has slightly been forced in that element of team selection.

Same thing was said about Collins when he was injured and Carlos partnered Dunne. So which one is the crap one? Or is it that they just can't play together? Or maybe Carlos is just that awesome that he makes the other CB look better? I'd go with the latter personally :D.

Credit where its due, just saw the game this morning. We did not play negative, we did not play hoof ball, we played good in defence, Ireland and Hutton were really good, Herd is getting better and better, The subs scored the goal. Well done Alex.

IF we could keep hold of the kids for a few years we could have a very decent side, this season will have done so much for them in terms of development.

Same thing was said about Collins when he was injured and Carlos partnered Dunne. So which one is the crap one? Or is it that they just can't play together? Or maybe Carlos is just that awesome that he makes the other CB look better? I'd go with the latter personally :D.

I certainly know which one I think is the crap one and the improvement in the defence in the last 3 games seems to support that stance. We didn't seem to see the same improvement when it was Cuellar and Dunne which also supports it.

I don't think Cuellar is an awesome defender, he has plenty of faults in his game but I do think he is the best we have. I do think Dunne is a walking liability who negatively affects those around him.

This. I'm still baffled at how McLeish is getting so much less stick at the ground than Houllier was.

One win won't change my mind on the clueless clown. Winning regularly would change my viewpoint, yet I can't see that happening under McLeish. I'm hoping he can prove me wrong though...

Honestly, there really is nothing wrong with hoping that things will improve.

The best case scenario as I can see it is that McLeish turns it around and we don't have to see millions being spent in compensation, another managerial search and excuses of a 'bedding in' period which will delay any progress for yet another year. I don't know how realistic that is but there's a chance at least.

But again, there is nothing wrong with hoping that things will improve. It's a lot easier to scoff and wallow in a cesspool of negativity.

Â