The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh! This win hasn't changed my opinion of him. The result returns a much needed three points, but we were 30 seconds away from equalling our worst run of results at VP in 90 odd years.

The crowd were ready to snap near full time, but the goal released that pent up anger as pure relief. He's dodged a bullet this time.

McLeish loses two of his first choices, picks a team the majority of us would say is the strongest available, makes three changes at 0-0 and all three combine to create the winning goal, and you say this win is despite McLeish, what a deluded,sad, bitter person you are.

Very much this. I'm no AM fan but he got the calls right. Maybe he could have got Gardner and Bannan on quicker but it worked.

The only change I would make would be Bent fir Gabby.

Meh! This win hasn't changed my opinion of him. The result returns a much needed three points, but we were 30 seconds away from equalling our worst run of results at VP in 90 odd years.

The crowd were ready to snap near full time, but the goal released that pent up anger as pure relief. He's dodged a bullet this time.

lets face it he could win the league and it wouldnt change some people's opinions of him

i was hoping that mcleish actually getting things right for once would stop the moaning for 10 days at least...guess i was wrong!

lets face it he could win the league and it wouldnt change some people's opinions of him

i was hoping that mcleish actually getting things right for once would stop the moaning for 10 days at least...guess i was wrong!

Of course it would. :?

You can't expect people to suddenly be backing him after ONE win. It would be fickle if we all suddenly changed our opinions of him based on one game.

one win does not a good season make!

one win does not a good season make!

No it doesn't but it's a win we were all desperate for and we got it so perhaps we should enjoy the feeling for a short while.

No it doesn't but it's a win we were all desperate for and we got it so perhaps we should enjoy the feeling for a short while.

I think everyone is enjoying a rare win it doesn't though mean people have to change their opinion about McLeish, sick their head in the sand about our problems or stop discussing them.

If those who are critical of McLeish weren't on here tonight or were changing their stance people would be calling them fickle.

We won, great. Do I think McLeish deserves praise for it? No. Does it change my view of him? No. Do I want him gone in the summer? Yes.

All that said though I'm delighted at 3 points!

The main objective today was getting 3 points which we did thankfully.

Going forward the Board needs to decide whether keeping Eck as Manager is going to be the right thing to do for the Club.

If the answer is yes then they need to fund the correct signings required to strengthen the team if that is possible.

Alex McLeish still has a mountain to climb if he is to get supporters on his side, It is a near impossible task,if he achieves it we will all be happy!

Going forward the Board needs to decide whether keeping Eck as Manager is going to be the right thing to do for the Club.

If the answer is yes then they need to fund the correct signings required to strengthen the team if that is possible.

Alex McLeish still has a mountain to climb if he is to get supporters on his side, It is a near impossible task,if he achieves it we will all be happy!

When there are people like Trent Villa refusing to offer praise to him when we win, what chance does he have. If he keeps winning matches opinions like TV's become irrelevant, let's hope for the sake of the club he can follow this win with another against Bolton.

When there are people like Trent Villa refusing to offer praise to him when we win, what chance does he have. If he keeps winning matches opinions like TV's become irrelevant, let's hope for the sake of the club he can follow this win with another against Bolton.

The difference though is when he makes decisions only very rarely do they pay off so you could argue it was luck whereas if decisions he made consistently paid off then that is ability.

So while people like Trent and me will briefly say well done on a decision, overall until he proves different on a consistent basis then it was luck that it paid off.

Remember we were only 30 seconds from another draw, equalling the worst home run since 1921.......I think you need to take that on board when viewing our reaction.

He wont keep winning matches though. Every time it looks like he's one defeat away from being dismissed we scrape a win. Let's not forget that had we not won today, it would have been our worst run at Villa Park in 90-odd years.

Today, we did not win because of his decisions, we won in spite of them.

Â