The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CI, you must have extremely low expectations if you genuinely believe that McLeish is doing a good job.

I said he's possibly, slowly getting a grip on things

To add some perspective, After 28 games, Alex has got 1 point more than MON had in his first season

Under MUCH harder conditions IMO

MON got us to 11th place that season when, let's be honest, our main aim would have been to avoid relegation.

This was done with a far worse team than the team we have now.

Slowly, he's possibly starting to get things right, it's just some won't accept it

Not afraid to play the kids

Not afraid to use subs

Hutton & Zog his signings starting to look the part

Stephen Ireland transformed under Alex

Earlier this week you suggested selling N'Zogbia and replacing him with Gregg Wylde from Rangers.......

Slowly, he's possibly starting to get things right, it's just some won't accept it

Not afraid to play the kids

Not afraid to use subs

Hutton & Zog his signings starting to look the part

Stephen Ireland transformed under Alex

Earlier this week you suggested selling N'Zogbia and replacing him with Gregg Wylde from Rangers.......

Indeed.

Said poster is really starting to wind me up with his inconsistency and fickle nature. Time to stay off topic until we lose again and sanity is restored.

Lets not let facts or stats get in the way of a bit of manager bashing eh?

Like for Like, he's doing better than Messiah Martin at this stage of season 1

Drop the Messiah crap will you all you do is make yourself look daft.

This has nothing to do with O'Neill and comparisons to his first season are totally meaningless.

It's not relevant though is it?

Yes, its a benchmark

It shows he's doing much better than some think under far more challenging conditions

Not really because they had completely different squads of players. You can only compare so much..

Yes, its a benchmark

It shows he's doing much better than some think under far more challenging conditions

But he's not doing well at all. I really don't know how you have come to this conclusion. :?

To add some perspective, After 28 games, Alex has got 1 point more than MON had in his first season

Your wrong. After 28 games under O'Neill we had 33 points - the same as under McLeish. In our final 10 games of that season we won 4, drew 5 and lost 1 finishing on 50 points. Sadly I have a feeling McLeish's record won't be anywhere near as good as O'Neills come the end of the season.

To put McLeish's record in to some kind of perspective his points per game record compared to the other managers we have had in the last 20 years (so Premier League) is as follows:

Manager---------League Games-----Points Per Game

Martin O’Neill----152-----------------1.553

John Gregory----148-----------------1.547

Brian Little-------130-----------------1.454

Ron Atkinson----140-----------------1.436

David O’Leary---114-----------------1.272

Alex McLeish------28-----------------1.178

Gerrard Houllier--28-----------------1.178

Graham Taylor----51-----------------1.137

I haven't included caretaker managers - Jim Barron, John Deehan, Kev Mac and Gary McAllister.

See, I think 28 games is too early to judge.

Even if it's 28 games of baffling substitutions, almost relentlessly disappointing results, and questionable interview performances. Which let's face it, it is :)

with his CV and ''proven'' track record....28 seconds is all you need to judge this fool.

What kind of prick would act that smug against fans who already hate him enough after two poor draws against two poor teams and being 2 minutes away from breaking a shocking club record.

The kind of prick who has had thousands of people telling him he doesn't know what he's doing?

...And maybe he doesn't know what he's doing. But it would be hard not to feel a BIT vindicated after the winner was set up by his three subs. Why he took off the Zog is beyond me, but a win is a ...

It's frustrating to see people declaring that they will never warm to McLeish. I say judge him on results alone. By that measure the judgement is probably this: He appears to be a bit rubbish, but considering that we are only 4 points off 8th place after selling two of our best players, he deserves at least to finish the season.

RL is NOT going to want to cough up another few million to replace McLeish.

So Villa fans have two choices, as far as I can see:

ACCEPT it and give McLeish the support he needs as Villa manager until results improve or he gets replaced by RL.

or

Don't accept it, and find another team to support.

This third alternative of constant whingeing and second-guessing of every decision he makes is not going to help the situation at all.

Sorry mate, absolute bullshit. We dont have two choices at all. We can support the club without supporting the man and looking at your location, it appears you are in a position to do neither.

Â