The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I personally would hire Laursen as manager to replace AM.. A bit of a risk, but i reckon he could sort the defence out....absolute villa legend, that is sorely missed.. Come back Laursen to save Villa!! that would be amazing. already has the fans backing.

Someone put Laursen's management stats on here and he was having a nightmare.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staff trip away (unless your daft enough to believe hes actually gone over there primarily just to seek advice from the Browns coach) - big wow!!!

That's the line we've been fed by our increasingly North Korea-style official site. I don't follow the NFL but there may be some interesting parallels between Villa and Cleveland.

Yes because if they just put, 'were organising a trip away for Mcliesh and his staff' this place would go into meltdown.

Weird how people only believe the communications from the club if its possible to put a negative slant on it.

AVFC: Mcliesh will have 100m to spend in the summer!

Fans: Bollocks PR

AVFC: Mcliesh is off to the moon to seek advice on managing a football club.

Fans: Learner you f*&ckin clueless clearing in the woods. Whats going on at our 'great' club??

i can see your point to an extent, but he's going to the Browns, one of the worst teams (sorry franchises) in the NFl. If he went to the NY Giants, I would understand, 2 managers with a track record of losing meeting surely doesn't make sense.

Why doesn't he go and meet with someone like his own personal cheerleader friend SAF at United

In the same way I don't understand why this has truned into a negative I equally don't understand how this is a positive, and I can sort of wee why people are bemused by it.

I dont think you do fully understand my point. My point is simply: Why are people believing what they read enough to form any opinion on this, when at the same time, they claim the club/website is just one big PR stunt?

Do you really think their sat now swapping tactics?

I dont think you do fully understand my point. My point is simply: Why are people believing what they read enough to form any opinion on this, when at the same time, they claim the club/website is just one big PR stunt?

Do you really think their sat now swapping tactics?

I do understand your point, and to be perfectly honest I don't get why people are jumping to conclusions about what this meeting is for. I do think fans need to just start to look at things on the site at face value, yes quotes from Faulkner are only going to have a positive spin in favour of the manager, as he appointed him, but the website (as I see it) just brings us the information.

No I ceratinly don't think their swapping tactics, but I do think it would make more sense to go and visit a sporting organisation that oozes success rather than one stinks of abject failure. The nagain maybe their coach has a particular strengh in an area Mcleish feels he has a weakness (in my opinion he has a lot of weaknesses).

I personally would hire Laursen as manager to replace AM.. A bit of a risk, but i reckon he could sort the defence out....absolute villa legend, that is sorely missed.. Come back Laursen to save Villa!! that would be amazing. already has the fans backing.

Someone put Laursen's management stats on here and he was having a nightmare.

Ok maybe give him a couple of years of managment before we hire him, But i still believe he will be a successful manager in the future. Just needs the right bunch of players.

Its about as funny as Faulkner saying "Most people during the break period would taking a time out, not Alex hes working as hard as he can to improve villa" Or whatever it was he said !

Oh shut up Falkner as your an Amateur

The CEO praising the manager. Absolutely scandalus.

Its about as funny as Faulkner saying "Most people during the break period would taking a time out, not Alex hes working as hard as he can to improve villa" Or whatever it was he said !

Its the fact that its a blatant loads of crap ! it wont matter what he does tbh as he's not good enough !

Someone tell me what was Faulkners previous job ;) Catch my drift ?

Its the fact that its a blatant loads of crap ! it wont matter what he does tbh as he's not good enough !

Why is it a load of crap? One impression Mcliesh gives me is that he cares.

Ok great he cares, Look where that has got us.. Simple fact is we can get a manager in Who cares, and knows what he is doing. Another Impression i get from McLeish is he doesn't know what he is doing.. he always look like he is about to be sacked, when he is on the touchline.. You can see the worry all over his face.. Simple fact it he doesn't know what he is doing.

Ok great he cares, Look where that has got us.. Simple fact is we can get a manager in Who cares, and knows what he is doing. Another Impression i get from McLeish is he doesn't know what he is doing.. he always look like he is about to be sacked, when he is on the touchline.. You can see the worry all over his face.. Simple fact it he doesn't know what he is doing.

I was just merely pointing out that faulkners statement wasnt necessarily a load of bollocks.

I really dread to think how some of our players have spent the last 3 days

According to a mate of mine who was at 'Spin' last night (a club night which I think is based in Sutton) Ciaran Clark was getting punched in the face by someone. Pretty promising.

Staff trip away (unless your daft enough to believe hes actually gone over there primarily just to seek advice from the Browns coach) - big wow!!!

That's the line we've been fed by our increasingly North Korea-style official site. I don't follow the NFL but there may be some interesting parallels between Villa and Cleveland.

Yes because if they just put, 'were organising a trip away for Mcliesh and his staff' this place would go into meltdown.

Weird how people only believe the communications from the club if its possible to put a negative slant on it.

AVFC: Mcliesh will have 100m to spend in the summer!

Fans: Bollocks PR

AVFC: Mcliesh is off to the moon to seek advice on managing a football club.

Fans: Learner you f*&ckin clueless clearing in the woods. Whats going on at our 'great' club??

i can see your point to an extent, but he's going to the Browns, one of the worst teams (sorry franchises) in the NFl. If he went to the NY Giants, I would understand, 2 managers with a track record of losing meeting surely doesn't make sense.

Why doesn't he go and meet with someone like his own personal cheerleader friend SAF at United

In the same way I don't understand why this has truned into a negative I equally don't understand how this is a positive, and I can sort of wee why people are bemused by it.

Is this a piss-take? :)

I dont get this talk about McLeish being a nice man who wants the best for the club i'm sure the VP tea lady is a nice woman who wants what is best for the club it doesn't mean she should be manager....

Sorry but being a manager your judged on results and what he's delivered so far is dreadful

Â