The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is talk of him going back to swansea though.

Link? I don't think Rogers is going anywhere to be fair.

Really.. Im pretty sure Harry will be getting the England job, Then i think Rodgers will take the Spurs job and that leaves the Swansea open....If rodgers leaves of course....

There is also talk of matrinez going to olympiakos, so it could all be BS tbh, you know what the Media is like..But I cant see why Matrinez would want to come to Villa after rejecting us Last summer?

EDIT: after reading this goal article apparently martinez regretted not taking the villa job last summer, So maybe martinez will be at villa for next season.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/04/11/3028217/roberto-martinez-to-leave-wigan-in-the-summer

Has anyone let the Spurs fans know of the Rodgers link as some of them are hoping for Mourinho.

Anyway, Rodgers or Lambert will not be joining our club in its current state. Martinez is the only possibility out of those three (depending on the next three games).

I sat next to Martinez at the Liverpool home match, and he only turned us down as he had promised Whelan he would stay for three years, and he had been so good to him that he would honour that. he said that Villa were a big club, a top 8 Club without question, and he would be delighted to manage us. He seemed like a really great knowledgeable guy, and had very clear views on why NZogbia was struggling to fit in.

I sat next to Martinez at the Liverpool home match, and he only turned us down as he had promised Whelan he would stay for three years, and he had been so good to him that he would honour that. he said that Villa were a big club, a top 8 Club without question, and he would be delighted to manage us. He seemed like a really great knowledgeable guy, and had very clear views on why NZogbia was struggling to fit in.

Care to elaborate on those views re: N'Zogbia?

I like Martinez and would love to see him in the home dugout.

Martinez's relationship with Whelan is rumoured to have deteriorated a fair bit in the last few weeks. One of 5Live's reporters seemed to think there had been a few subtle jibes toward Whelan in Roberto's interviews of late.

He was bemused as to why NZogbia was being played deeper on the left, when he did not want or enjoy playing there. He said the only place to play him was on the right pushed up the field behind the front man. It was just fascinating to her what we were doing wrong from the man who got so much out of him.

He was bemused as to why NZogbia was being played deeper on the left, when he did not want or enjoy playing there. He said the only place to play him was on the right pushed up the field behind the front man. It was just fascinating to her what we were doing wrong from the man who got so much out of him.

Cheers, appreciated.

Well with Martinez you know your getting someone who can get the best out of N'zogbia so your not writing £10mil off.

Also he has worked within a wage budget with Wigan and has gotten a very cheapily assembled squad to play well.

My worry is that despite the above he has been fighting relegation his whole time at Wigan , no different to Mcliesh in the Prem league.They have done remarkable of late but lets not forget before that they have been pretty bad.

I think he would be a risk ,Lambert looks a safer option

Well with Martinez you know your getting someone who can get the best out of N'zogbia so your not writing £10mil off.

Also he has worked within a wage budget with Wigan and has gotten a very cheapily assembled squad to play well.

My worry is that despite the above he has been fighting relegation his whole time at Wigan , no different to Mcliesh in the Prem league.They have done remarkable of late but lets not forget before that they have been pretty bad.

I think he would be a risk ,Lambert looks a safer option

How many seasons has lambert had in the PL?

you can't really compare RM to AM.. At least Martinez tries to play positive football.

Â