The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

di Matteo would have bigger fish to fry i think if he doesn't get the chelsea gig.

interesting about martinez, but isn't it wishfull thinking? he turned us down a year ago and we're a worse prospect now than we were then.

remains to be seen whether the board stick with AM. if he keeps us up with the lowest points total and worst home record in our history then he surely has to go though. relegation should mean he gets the sack too. only 3 wins can save him now i reckon. which won't happen in a million years.

so let's say we do stay up and randy does the decent thing and AM and grant get the boot the day after the last game. what are the options realistically?

here's a list of manager's looking for work...

http://www.thesackrace.com/job-centre

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on that list laudrup is interesting, although he's had a bad time for a couple of years. zola could be a good shout too, ranieri built a good valencia and a good chelsea side. he doesn't get a mention on that list though.

i think we'll have a hard time attracting anyone even vaguely top flight though to be honest.

Anyone else think Mick McCarthy would be a decent replacement for AM? (yes I know he's been involved with relegation fights as well, but that's because he's had to work with a paper thin squad). And before you start bitching, bear in mind that we can't attract really good managers anymore.
:crylaugh:

EDIT: Just noticed you didn't mean it! phew!

Anyone else think Mick McCarthy would be a decent replacement for AM? (yes I know he's been involved with relegation fights as well, but that's because he's had to work with a paper thin squad). And before you start bitching, bear in mind that we can't attract really good managers anymore.

I see you're using a laughing emoticon. However, I know that you're probably teary eyed like the rest of us.

I like Martinez but I think he is getting a bit overhyped.

Remember we are above Wigan.

What do you guys think of Alan Curbishley?

I think he has gained a rather unfair negative reputation.

He worked miracles at Charlton and he kept West Ham in the league.

Thoughts?

Yes, our Merc is currently 1 point ahead of Martinez's Fiesta. Imagine if we swapped drivers, where both clubs would be. I imagine it all the time.

Thoughts?

Look at the Wigan players. Look at the Aston Villa players. I would say the 11th best squad v the 19th best squad basing it on the qulaity of players.

As for Curbishley, he is a step up from Mcleish, and if it came between him and Mcleish I would choose him. But I think AVFC can do better. But of course I accept in our current predicament we cannot afford to be too fussy.

Thoughts?

Look at the Wigan players. Look at the Aston Villa players. I would say the 11th best squad v the 19th best squad basing it on the qulaity of players.

As for Curbishley, he is a step up from Mcleish, and if it came between him and Mcleish I would choose him. But I think AVFC can do better. But of course I accept in our current predicament we cannot afford to be too fussy.

TBH there are some chimpanzees at Twycross Zoo that would be a 'step up' from McLeish if only for the fact that they would **** us up for a few bananas and some old car tyres instead of the £millions that McLeish gets!

I dont want to see the fans taking things in there hands and breaking the law,and the club must listen to us and sack him and tell us all there were in the wrong to have given him this job in the first place.

I see you're using a laughing emoticon. However, I know that you're probably teary eyed like the rest of us.

Very much so Jim, trapped in a living nightmare!

Â