The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't get on the radio - write to a paper ! I wrote the following to the Guardian Sports desk last week, now this week we have a brilliant deconstruction of Mcleish from the paper.

If there is enough stink it will get a momentum - write / rip scarves / stop going / whatever it takes !

Hiya,

Writing to you as we are getting desparate that nobody is listening.

Why is it that no paper has given a fair hearing to the Villa fans over the appallingly negative tactics of Mcleish ? There appears to be an unthinking consensus formed that we want him out because of Blues and have too high ambitions.

Please look at his latest statement of abject negativity, that he 'has no magic wand'. Does Lambert ? Does Rodgers ? Is he really saying we dont have players that can play a bit of football and get some results occaionally ? What do statements like that do for players morale ? Look at his record with Blues then us, add them together and you get a 70's dinosaur Manager, who thinks only of 'not getting beaten'. It doesn't work in modern football.

We don't expect to win every game, but his style is such I don't even WANT to watch us anymore, neither do many others.

Please take a look at the almost total rejection by the fans of his negativity and embarrasingly dull football on the various fansites and at any game and give us an airing.

The real concern is not only will he take us down, nobody will want to watch us either, and no flair players will stay. Bang goes a good Club.

I know it isn't an issue for many outside Birmingham, but it is driving us mad !!!

Thanks for a great read

Regards

Terry

Pat Murphy on 5 live tonight seemed to all but confirm McLeish will be there next season

Needless to say , I won't be

No real shock.

Randy Lerner does not give a shit.

All protests and all anger should be 100% towards our awful owner.

Well Mcleish is favourite to be the next premier league manager to leave a premiership club - per the bookies @ 5/2

Favourite to replace him in Rafa Benitez 8-1 though. - Find that hard to beleive as he rebuffed us last summer.

Assuming we do go down - Gus Poyet has to be good bet @ 20/1 - although he might the ickle poodle that is Faulkner.

He chose to spend it on Given, N'Zogbia, Jenas, Hutton and Keane

Given was the obvious choice and a wanted player by almost everyone on here. He has been solid.

N'Zogbia was the logical and obvious choice as well, most people on here was positive to that transfer after all - and his career at the Villa is not over.

Jenas was injured, we never got to see the true potential and value of his ability. Not the best player, but just a loan deal after all.

Hutton, not going to comment on that, I despise his irrational tackles and poor defensive displays..

Robbie Keane, as much as we believed we were a bigger club than him, was a huge hit and got us that win against Wolves.

All in all not that bad given his budget. Only huge outlay was CNZ and we all wanted him here, barring a few people.

Alex McLeish has been given three games to save his job as Aston Villa manager after the club slid to the brink of the relegation zone.

The club backed McLeish by issuing a public statement following unprecedented scenes on Tuesday night. But the backing was not unequivocal in what amounted to a decided shift in Villa’s position.

Villa fans were united in their condemnation of the former Rangers manager during the 2-1 defeat by Bolton as the 1982 European champions slumped to within three points of the drop zone.

from the daily mail.

Rafa would be my number one target if we stay up.

The fact that some Villa fans might have wanted a players is neither here nor there. It's the manager's responsibility to sign them, then to get the best out of them. That we wanted them too doesn't excuse McLeish from buying players then getting nothing from them.

Villa fans NEVER give stick to young players, or players who work their nuts off. It's our way and always has been. Talksport crap as usual.

Marc Albrighton has taken plenty of stick on here this season.

Â