The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Valencia manager is leaving in the summer.....they play good football, and he seems tactically astute.I think we need a change of direction, we need to make an appointment of a manager who is good at developing young players, a la Athletic Bilbao manager.Not that we'd get him.

Otherwise i would go for an ex-big name player, who might attract players, a Keane, Laudrup, Zola, Di Canio kind of appointment.

Sorry but all these manager names being bandied about.

1. What makes anyone think that Lerner will get shot of Mcleish anyway?

2. Even if we do how can you be confident in the idiot to chose a decent manager given his two choices to date

3. Even if he could approach anyone half decent what makes you think they will want to come to the club in the circumstances we are in an owned by a man who is inept and devoid of ambition or resource or both

Sorry but all these manager names being bandied about.

1. What makes anyone think that Lerner will get shot of Mcleish anyway?

2. Even if we do how can you be confident in the idiot to chose a decent manager given his two choices to date

3. Even if he could approach anyone half decent what makes you think they will want to come to the club in the circumstances we are in an owned by a man who is inept and devoid of ambition or resource or both

Well said.

Agree with Richard. Firstly for me, no manager with any ambition would come here, who would come and have their best players sold, you cannot build if constant rebuilding of the playing squad is needed. Also, it seems the club (like in the Ellis days) are desperate to utilise the youth we have, in my eyes the young players (most of them) are NOT good enough. Thirdly, this crap about being the nice men and doing things the right way, who on earth would work under that? Being nice about our players being tapped up, refusing to do a thing about it and then tapping up McLeish, it comes across as sly and pathetic.

Also, there is far too much needing attention on the pitch which cannot be fixed with bosmans, we need a new right and left back, two centre backs, a new holding midfielder, we need to get some wingers and sort the strikers out.

Where will the £50m needed come from? I cannot see Randy making that sort of investment.

Finally, loyalty... why? There is one constant thing the same about the way our player struggle on the ball. As much as I appreciate what our former players and other coaching staff have done, THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH and are part of a long standing problem. We need a clean sweep and to restructure the whole of this club top to bottom.

Will Randy finance that...?

Quite obvious what's happening. Lerner has been waiting for Guardiola to leave Barcelona so he can bring him here. McLeish was only ever a stop gap, with Pep waiting in the wings to take over and put his stamp on the team. He has always wanted to make it in the premiership and we are the ideal chance to prove himself at awakening a sleeping giant.

Lads it's pretty obvious isn't it. Randy agreed a deal with Guardiola last summer. He needed a stooge to take the heat whilst he saved every penny he could before unleashing the master plan this summer.

Quite obvious what's happening. Lerner has been waiting for Guardiola to leave Barcelona so he can bring him here. McLeish was only ever a stop gap, with Pep waiting in the wings to take over and put his stamp on the team. He has always wanted to make it in the premiership and we are the ideal chance to prove himself at awakening a sleeping giant.

must be an echo

If they do grow a pair and get shot of Mcleish I would not be at all surprised if the PR they put out basically blames the fans because he did not get a chance because of where he came from, I mean it's not like they haven't got a record of blaming the fans is it?

I was afraid that might have already been posted. Mine was longer and more contrived though, so I win?

villaglint's use of the word 'stooge' tipped it in his favour for me.

That is a very fair assessment

I would hope if we are still in the Premiership by the end of the season then we attract a manager who wants to play football the right way and has a long term plan to build for the future of the club. I would also hope that when the remaining deadwood from the O'Neill era is removed, our chairman will fall in love with the club again and show that through investing in a new team.

Should have gone for Quique Sanchez Flores last time. As far as I can tell (wiki) he is managing Al-Ahli (Dubai), might not want to come to us any more though.

This would be a bad,bad move...Remember Juande Ramos at spurs? They are the same type of manager.

So we should go for a Brittish manager with Premier League experience then? That might also be a very bad bad move,... Remember Alex McLeish at Aston Villa?

:winkold:

In my humble opinion we're more likelly to find a competent manager outside the UK.

Unless we get relegated that is, if we go down to the Championship we should definatly go Brittish as the kind of "Football" played there is endemic to Britain

Â