The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well with Martinez you know your getting someone who can get the best out of N'zogbia so your not writing £10mil off.

Also he has worked within a wage budget with Wigan and has gotten a very cheapily assembled squad to play well.

My worry is that despite the above he has been fighting relegation his whole time at Wigan , no different to Mcliesh in the Prem league.They have done remarkable of late but lets not forget before that they have been pretty bad.

I think he would be a risk ,Lambert looks a safer option

How many seasons has lambert had in the PL?

you can't really compare RM to AM.. At least Martinez tries to play positive football.

Martinez would have been a great pick six years ago. The problem was that Ellis was advising the incoming owners and went for the so called 'big name'. If only.....

Anyone else think Mick McCarthy would be a decent replacement for AM? (yes I know he's been involved with relegation fights as well, but that's because he's had to work with a paper thin squad). And before you start bitching, bear in mind that we can't attract really good managers anymore.

What about di Matteo if he doesn't get the Chelsea gig?

I think personally that this winning streak for Chelsea is not really down to Di Matteo.

I see it as Chelsea playing the football they wanted to, with the manager letting them. Rather than, them changing their style of football for AVB. I think it's an illusion - if AVB let Chelsea play the want they wanted - I think he'd still be in his job. It's been said for some time that the senior players at Chelsea run the squad.

Anyone else think Mick McCarthy would be a good replacement for AM? (yes I know he's been involved with relegation fights as well, but that's because he's had to work with a paper thin squad)

Plus-he would win more games, but then virtually anyone would

Minus-it would be a return to the shit long ball game of the Messiah

When McLeish goes, the club needs to be moved forward, so the new appointee should be nothing like any of the last three managers.

Anyone else think Mick McCarthy would be a good replacement for AM?

Absolutely not. No thanks very much.

So.. who, then?

Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers, di Canio, Maradona, Tinky winky, most of Europe that we the fans haven't heard about. I really don't like McCarthy and he's shit. We already have a shit manager who plays crap football. Forgive me for not wanting another one. We may not be Man Utd but we're still (for the moment at least) a Premier League side. Even in the Chumpionship we'd have our pick of young upcoming promising managers. Why sell ourselves short once again by going for a known (and not particularly brilliant) quantity? It's precisely that kind of lack of imagination that got us this fella in the first place.

Anyone else think Mick McCarthy would be a good replacement for AM?

Absolutely not. No thanks very much.

So.. who, then?

Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers, di Canio, Maradona, Tinky winky, most of Europe that we the fans haven't heard about. I really don't like McCarthy and he's shit. We already have a shit manager who plays crap football. Forgive me for not wanting another one. We may not be Man Utd but we're still (for the moment at least) a Premier League side. Even in the Chumpionship we'd have our pick of young upcoming promising managers. Why sell ourselves short once again by going for a known (and not particularly brilliant) quantity? It's precisely that kind of lack of imagination that got us this fella in the first place.
Absolutely this.

The "must have Premier League experience" thing was (in my opinion) Randy's biggest error. It narrowed the field down to (a) the very few really good ones - who were already employed, or otherwise beyond our means, and (B) the (available) proven losers - of which we got the prize candidate.

Use a bit of imagination, Randy, old son.

I'm in the BOF and MJM camp.

Absolutely no to McCarthy.

I'd probably take him over McLeish, to be fair. But just because McLeish is awful, doesn't mean we have to settle for absolutely anything.

I keep saying it, but Paul Lambert is the man for the job. Throw everything at him to get him here.

I said it last year and I'll say it again, Sven. Knows his way round the transfer market, was England's best manager in a long time and has a list of managerial honours as long as your arm.

Club managerial honoursDegerfors IF

Division Three Västra Svealand Champions 1978

IFK Göteborg

Allsvenskan Champions 1982

Svenska Cupen Winners 1979, 1982

UEFA Cup Winners 1982

Benfica

Portuguese Liga Champions 1983, 1984, 1991

Cup of Portugal Winners 1983

SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira Champions 1989

European Cup Runners Up 1990

UEFA Cup Runners Up 1983