The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we not concentrate our efforts on getting rid of the idiot that we have as manager at the moment before speculating about what daft appointment Lerner will make next?

:lol:

Not being funny mate but, if fans theories about last night's official club statement come to fruition and McLeish does indeed only have 3 games left, surely it would be wise for us fans - the backbone of the club - to let the owner and his number two (literally!) know who we would prefer to see in charge of our beloved club! OK, they took no notice last time but maybe they have learnt their lesson and will listen this time.

Mods, any chance of a poll?

The really worrying bit is he has three games to save his job and he does by staying up what is next season going to be like with that clueless buffoon in charge?

Personally I think he is toast whatever happens as I think it may just have dawned on Lerner what a cataclysmic mistake he or Faulkner have made.

Should we not concentrate our efforts on getting rid of the idiot that we have as manager at the moment before speculating about what daft appointment Lerner will make next?

Not being funny mate but, if fans theories about last night's official club statement come to fruition and McLeish does indeed only have 3 games left, surely it would be wise for us fans - the backbone of the club - to let the owner and his number two (literally!) know who we would prefer to see in charge of our beloved club! OK, they took no notice last time but maybe they have learnt their lesson and will listen this time.

This isn't the X Factor. I think people are getting a little carried away with this power to the people stuff. As stated above let's get rid of McLeish first. I'm not convinced he will be sacked although I believe it's more likely than I did a week ago.

Priority number 1 is keeping the team in the Premier League. McLeish is more than capable of showing that he should not be Villa manager without the fans booing every game. The damage has already been done in my opinion and the board know exactly how we feel. Unlike last season where we won our last 2 games to jump right up the table we are pretty much guaranteed to finish 15th or lower. Completely unacceptable.

We need to get behind the team, and especially the young players, in order to grind out much needed points. Once we're safe then it's a free for all.

This isn't the X Factor. I think people are getting a little carried away with this power to the people stuff. As stated above let's get rid of McLeish first. I'm not convinced he will be sacked although I believe it's more likely than I did a week ago.

X factor? We are spending more than 10p on phone calls! We all want McLeish out and nobody seemed to want him from the start. I am saying that we were ignored last time but maybe they will listen the next time as been as we have been proven right with McLeish.

If they are planning to replace him surely they will want the replacement in ASAP in order to have a full pre-season? If so, surely we should be showing them who the fans would actually be happy with?

Remember this?

Our aim is to create players in the mould of the top players we have seen and appreciated at this club over many years and we will also add more quality when the opportunities are there. I am convinced that we have every reason to be optimistic going into the second half of the season. We have a squad with a blend of very experienced international players combined with the exciting potential of the club’s home-grown youngsters. In this transfer window we have added to the squad young Enda Stevens, whom we signed from Shamrock Rovers, and Robbie Keane on a two-months loan from LA Galaxy. Enda is 21 years old, he has experience already of playing in the Europa League and he has potential. Robbie is at the peak of his football playing knowledge, he has leadership qualities which will make him valuable not only on the pitch but also in our dressing room and he has great movement which can hurt opposition defences and create opportunities for himself and others in our team. I am confident therefore that in the coming months my coaching staff and I can continue to work with these players to help them deliver performances and results that Villa fans will enjoy and feel proud of.

I know that some people have sought to perpetuate a myth that I am a naturally defensively-minded manager. However, this is a case of certain people not letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Having played in an Aberdeen team that got used to winning trophies regularly – including the European Cup Winners Cup - and having steered Glasgow Rangers to seven trophies in three seasons, I can assure you that my appetite for attacking, winning football is second to none. I am aware that the myth about me being defensively-minded has concerned some Villa fans who rightly relish seeing their team playing fluent, attacking football. However, please be assured that I share your desire to see Villa play dynamic, exciting football which entertains whilst, of course, securing the results we all want.

I make no apology for declaring that I am an ambitious person with an unquenchable desire for success. That ambition took me from Motherwell and Hibs to Glasgow Rangers followed by a successful period as Scotland boss. I came to the Premier League to compete in the best league in the world and the opportunity to become manager of one of the best clubs in the league in Aston Villa represents one of the greatest honours in my career so far.

We all know that football is an unpredictable business but I would like to think that my time here as manager will be a long and rewarding one. I can guarantee my total commitment to working tirelessly to bring as much success as possible to Aston Villa.

I haven't really given much of an opinion on what we should do as fans as i've been thinking long and hard about it all. I have come to the conclusion that we really just need to get behind the team 110% and really go for it and give our all. The board have made one giant cock up in hiring McLeish, we all know it, I think they do too now. They have decided to keep hold of him for the remaining 3 games, that is out of our control now so let's just get behind the team and try to be the 12th man. I know this season we have been very patient with McLeish and supportive during games and it's not worked, but being negative and booing now really isnt going to help Aston Villa Football Club at all. If over the next game or two we become safe, or get relegated, then let's give them shit in the last game. Get protests going and really give the board hell for this monumental **** up. I just think we need to bide our time, and wait for clarification on which league we will be playing in next season.

Why is he still employed today? Make the change NOW Lerner. Its needs to be done before the WBA game not after. McLeish knows he is gone so he is not going to be effective.

Sack him NOW. Give the team chance to train under the interim coach before the WBA game.

Keeping him around is unfair on Mcleish and the team.

Remember this?
Our aim is to create players in the mould of the top players we have seen and appreciated at this club over many years and we will also add more quality when the opportunities are there. I am convinced that we have every reason to be optimistic going into the second half of the season. We have a squad with a blend of very experienced international players combined with the exciting potential of the club’s home-grown youngsters. In this transfer window we have added to the squad young Enda Stevens, whom we signed from Shamrock Rovers, and Robbie Keane on a two-months loan from LA Galaxy. Enda is 21 years old, he has experience already of playing in the Europa League and he has potential. Robbie is at the peak of his football playing knowledge, he has leadership qualities which will make him valuable not only on the pitch but also in our dressing room and he has great movement which can hurt opposition defences and create opportunities for himself and others in our team. I am confident therefore that in the coming months my coaching staff and I can continue to work with these players to help them deliver performances and results that Villa fans will enjoy and feel proud of.

I know that some people have sought to perpetuate a myth that I am a naturally defensively-minded manager. However, this is a case of certain people not letting the facts get in the way of a good story. Having played in an Aberdeen team that got used to winning trophies regularly – including the European Cup Winners Cup - and having steered Glasgow Rangers to seven trophies in three seasons, I can assure you that my appetite for attacking, winning football is second to none. I am aware that the myth about me being defensively-minded has concerned some Villa fans who rightly relish seeing their team playing fluent, attacking football. However, please be assured that I share your desire to see Villa play dynamic, exciting football which entertains whilst, of course, securing the results we all want.

I make no apology for declaring that I am an ambitious person with an unquenchable desire for success. That ambition took me from Motherwell and Hibs to Glasgow Rangers followed by a successful period as Scotland boss. I came to the Premier League to compete in the best league in the world and the opportunity to become manager of one of the best clubs in the league in Aston Villa represents one of the greatest honours in my career so far.

We all know that football is an unpredictable business but I would like to think that my time here as manager will be a long and rewarding one. I can guarantee my total commitment to working tirelessly to bring as much success as possible to Aston Villa.

Every word of that is hot piss. **** laughable. We all said as much at the time n'all - easy to forget now its all been stepped up a notch.

Seems Kendrick - Usually pro Mcleish is having his doubts now:-

"Mat Kendrick: Stikz, that's a question for the board to ponder. If he is to complete his contract then (stating the obvious alert), there will be need to be vast improvements made to the squad and subsequently the form - and quickly. Villa need to think long and hard about what is the best way forward once they have assessed this season's struggles"

quite simply, it's impossible for any fan to support this dumb ass. I gave him a chance, but since february we have played some of the worst football i've seen at VP, and have literally had no goal threat without Bent.

If by some miracle we remain in the Premier League and Randy does not sack this muppet i'll also have lost any remaining respect for him.

Had enough now !

Despite the toxic situation he has bought in to..... it is so obvious this is not working.

Alex Mcleish needs to leave Villa park asap

Its simply going nowhere and new funds ain't going to fix it either.

Â