The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

What's the sudden proliferation of pro-McLeish articles? One decent game doesn't suddenly change all the shit we've had to put up with this season.

Agreed.

And the classless McLeish is still criticising the fans on a false basis. He was not chastised by the Holte End for bringing on Weiman - most Villans have been crying out for him to get a chance and love to see our youth coming through - he was chastised for taking off the Zog who was our most creative, attacking and threatening player whilst leaving on Gabby and Albie who had both had poor games. McLeish knows this but chose to try and point score and I now detest him as a person (for this and similar pathetic interviews/comments over the last few months) as much as I dislike him as a manager.

Are you referring to the post match interview or has he said something else now as well?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the fury towards McLeish bringing on Weimann for N'Zogbia, he was fading a bit in the second half of that game and there are only of couple of players you could really take off. He bought someone who can stick the ball in the net, not a defensive player. Did people think Heskey was coming on when N'Zogbia called off or something? He got it right that game, his celebration and assistants celebrations show they care and want the best for the club, as much as some want to believe otherwise. Also what is so bad that he has said to the fans? I've watched all this pre match and post match press conference, and nothing jumped out as been harsh towards the fans. I didn't want McLeish, don't really want him now, but kudos if to him if he does something right, like he did on Saturday. He seems to be on a learning curve himself at Villa, I'd rather him succeed than fail.

What's the sudden proliferation of pro-McLeish articles? One decent game doesn't suddenly change all the shit we've had to put up with this season.

Oh but Mantis, we've turned the corner!

:|

Agreed.

And the classless McLeish is still criticising the fans on a false basis. He was not chastised by the Holte End for bringing on Weiman - most Villans have been crying out for him to get a chance and love to see our youth coming through - he was chastised for taking off the Zog who was our most creative, attacking and threatening player whilst leaving on Gabby and Albie who had both had poor games. McLeish knows this but chose to try and point score and I now detest him as a person (for this and similar pathetic interviews/comments over the last few months) as much as I dislike him as a manager.

As I've already said in the match thread, I've only seen the Match First highlights and I suppose they could have edited out all the great football that N'Zogbia played. But as far as I could see he wasn't doing anything special. Ireland was having far more influence on the game and at least Gabby and Albrighton had shown they knew where the goal was.

I really don't see how certain fans giving credit where it's due and being happy we got a win, as a result of subs made by the manager is a "sudden proliferation of pro Mcleish" articles. Jesus get a grip, most of us feel the same way but at the end of the day we are Villa fans so we should be able to be happy when positive things happen for once for **** sake. the majority of us still dont want him. However if he keeps getting good results from his decisions and builds on them what excuse can we have then? The point is some ppl have gone so far with there anti Mcleish agenda they have lost sight of what the real bigger picture is here. Which is wanting the best for ASTON VILLA no matter what the circumstance as an ASTON VILLA supporter. :?

if he keeps getting good results from his decisions and builds on them what excuse can we have then? The point is some ppl have gone so far with there anti Mcleish agenda they have lost sight of what the real bigger picture is here. Which is wanting the best for ASTON VILLA no matter what the circumstance as an ASTON VILLA supporter. :?
Well said, JV.

I don't think much to McLeish but he got things right on Saturday and it was a pleasing win we can surely all celebrate.

I really don't see how certain fans giving credit where it's due and being happy we got a win, as a result of subs made by the manager is a "sudden proliferation of pro Mcleish" articles. Jesus get a grip, most of us feel the same way but at the end of the day we are Villa fans so we should be able to be happy when positive things happen for once for **** sake. the majority of us still dont want him. However if he keeps getting good results from his decisions and builds on them what excuse can we have then? The point is some ppl have gone so far with there anti Mcleish agenda they have lost sight of what the real bigger picture is here. Which is wanting the best for ASTON VILLA no matter what the circumstance as an ASTON VILLA supporter. :?

Who said saying positive things counts as being pro-McLeish? All I was doing is pointing out that since that Fulham win there have been two very pro-McLeish articles published, along with an upsurge in support for him on VT. I understand that people are going to give him credit for the win and that's fine, but why is everything suddenly all rosy? I'm as happy about the win as the next fan but at the same time I remember what has happened after previous wins. Start of the season aside (and even that's debatable), we haven't really put together a prolonged run of decent form under McLeish. The pattern for this season has been to play poorly or negatively for a few games, win one game, then go back to playing poorly and being negative for a few more games. It's way too early at the moment to start heaping praise on him or proclaiming he is the right manager for Aston Villa (I'm not referring to anyone specifically here).

yeah the anti mcleish stuff has been a tad overboard at times. i don't think anyone is saying he's suddenly our holy saviour come down from gingerland on a magic carpet to take us to the champions league trophy...

seems anything that isn't a personal insult to him means you are pro AM and are a fool. it's been a shit season by anyone's standards but we sold two very good players in the summer, have players on stupid wages bought for big money that for 2 seasons on the bounce haven't come anywhere close to giving value. on the plus side it looks like we could have produced at least half a dozen first teamers from our own academy and we need to make some big changes in the summer and then see what that brings.

if it's more of the same then AM will have been a failure and he will be sacked. if it's pushing for the top 6 again, then i'm all for AM continuing in the job.

comign on here to write "ginger clearing in the woods" every second sentence every single day is a waste of time and energy.

Bono es dente.

You ain't sin me, roight?

aeImC.jpg

You see Paul, managing a football team is like making love to a beautiful woman. You have to take charge, tell your little man up top to score and if he doesn't perform, it can end in tears.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

What's with the sudden proliferation of pro-McLeish articles? One decent game doesn't suddenly change all the shit we've had to put up with this season.

Can only be a good thing and bring some Balance to all the negative guff posted on here

That article was awful. Why on earth has the Birmingham mail put that forward?

Once again someone who blames everything on MON. What about the bloke who signs the cheques? Our issues was wages to revenue so why blame the bloke spending and not the man who has all the knowledge about the exact ways we make money?

Again a pathetic argument about top 6 with no reason to say why we should have expected more. Money has never guaranteed cup success and compared to teams competing with us we didn't spend enough to say we should have finished top 4.

It then goes on to just be blindly optimistic, claiming that Edna Stevens could be a big player for us. Yes he could, he could also be shit.

It's says it was right to try and fix dunne and Collins, well Mcleish couldn't fix them and our defence got better once injury forced a change.

Why doesn't it mention the appalling team selection at white hart lane?

Why doesn't it mention the poor results? Our league position?

Another argument seems to be we can't afford to get rid of him so get behind him. Was it our fault Lerner **** up twice and had to pay huge amounts to MON and houllier?

Wouldn't it be nice to get behind the manager because you can see a clear positive plan? Or because you can see improvements that provide hope for the future? Or maybe even because his past suggests he will succeed in the future?

But no, we should get behind him because our owner has **** up too many times and now can't afford to fix his latest **** up. So we all need to put on our happy face and embrace a midtable mediocre future.

To be honest I'm fine with midtable mediocrity. That's clearly our level now as we can't compete financially with Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool and the Manchester clubs. However, if we're going to be forever stuck in midtable then I at least don't want to have to witness the worst football in the league. I'm not expecting us to play like Barcelona, but a more progressive and attacking manager would be nice (and virtually every manager is more attacking and progressive than McLeish).

Oh yeah, and no giving up before a ball has been kicked. I thought we were bad for that under Houllier but McLeish is even worse.

Fantastic article? It's a letter from a fan, isn't it?

Most of it seemed to revolve around some bizarre notions of 'faith' instead of reason.

All of this 'you're either with us or against us', 'have faith', 'not going anywhere, stop complaining' kind of stuff is as annoying this season as it was last season.

Naaa, im not falling for the "we have won one game now back Mcleish bullshite. He's been shit, he's still shite and he will prove it again against Bolton, if not definately against one of the bigger teams we have left. He only plays boring negative football and is clueless. I believe the game against Fulham was luck, I mean he had to win sometime. It was'nt about great tactical subs or managerial quality.

Love the win it was a Villa win. Hate the manager!

I believe the game against Fulham was luck!

I really don't get this view

Take it you weren't at the game

The lads bust a gut to neutralise any fulham threat and make them look very ordinary

We fully deserved the win, credit to the players and the manager who got everything right on the day

Fantastic article? It's a letter from a fan, isn't it?

Most of it seemed to revolve around some bizarre notions of 'faith' instead of reason.

All of this 'you're either with us or against us', 'have faith', 'not going anywhere, stop complaining' kind of stuff is as annoying this season as it was last season.

I thought it was from Paul Faulkner!!!

oh, and the roses in my garden are really starting to grow like nothing else.....

Â