The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

What's with the sudden proliferation of pro-McLeish articles? One decent game doesn't suddenly change all the shit we've had to put up with this season.

Can only be a good thing and bring some Balance to all the negative guff posted on here

Like this?

As for things on the pitch, we are one of the dullest teams in top flight European football to watch.

We haven't won at home in over 4 months. If we dont get relegated this season we will next.

We've got one of the worst managers in our entire history who will probably cost us another £5m if we sack him

We have an absentee owner and a clueless CEO and finance director

The club is a laughing stock and an utter shambles

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic article? It's a letter from a fan, isn't it?

Most of it seemed to revolve around some bizarre notions of 'faith' instead of reason.

All of this 'you're either with us or against us', 'have faith', 'not going anywhere, stop complaining' kind of stuff is as annoying this season as it was last season.

That letter, article, whatever is the biggest load of horseshit I've read in quite some time. Shame on the mail for giving it internet room.

I believe the game against Fulham was luck!

I really don't get this view

Take it you weren't at the game

The lads bust a gut to neutralise any fulham threat and make them look very ordinary

We fully deserved the win, credit to the players and the manager who got everything right on the day

Fulham are very ordinary. We did deserve to win though, we may have gotten a bit of luck to get the winning goal but we were due a bit.

Re. The Mail Article while there a few points I'd take issue with I've got to admit I'm with the nose in the comments section on this one.

BCFC_Rich

3:35 PM on 13/3/2012

I think this guy is obviously watching a different McLeish team than the rest of us.

From a purely Blues perspective, I endured 4 years of watching garbage football.

He refers to Villa being a better standard of club than Blues.

Players like Dann, Carr, Bentley, Larsson, Gardner, Hleb, Martins would walk into the Villa team tomorrow, yet McLeish had no idea how to use them. In fact he persisted with the likes of Fahey (who is garbage) and only used Hleb in low-key cup games - a player from Barcelona being benched for a no-hoper from St Patricks Athletic! Work that out.

People are all entitled to their opinion, many Villa fans I know are dreading the day he has the funds to build his own squad.

Believe me, it will not get better from here. There will be the odd game (like on Saturday) where you will think you have turned the corner, to see the same old being implemented the following week.

In 2009/10 when Blues finished 9th - that only happened when we chanted 4-4-2 against Bolton and eventually McLeish changed it and we went 15 games unbeaten. Following this, he returned to his beloved 4-5-1 and we won 1 game in 3 months before the end of the season.

Last season he continued 4-5-1 with Jerome leading the line, the rest of the team playing so deep that when Jerome did get the ball he had no player within 20 yards to pass it to and then the ball kept coming back. Only a matter of time before we cracked and we did.

Against Arsenal in the cup final we played well and deserved to win, albeit in fortunate circumstances, but on effort alone the players deserved to lift that trophy. We played the 4-5-1 with Bowyer and Gardner behind Zigic perfectly but barring that and a couple of other games, we struggled to score goals let alone win games.

What happened after? A collapse of epic proportions. Mr McLeish, his players, his team, had no idea how to turn it around and continued to play the same 4-5-1 tactics week in and week out.

I was glad to see him walk and I wouldn't swap him for Hughton any day.

Many Villa fans would also have Hughton over McLeish in a heartbeat which proves it is nothing to do with where McLeish came from. He is just useless.

I don't get the fury towards McLeish bringing on Weimann for N'Zogbia, he was fading a bit in the second half of that game and there are only of couple of players you could really take off. He bought someone who can stick the ball in the net, not a defensive player. Did people think Heskey was coming on when N'Zogbia called off or something? He got it right that game, his celebration and assistants celebrations show they care and want the best for the club, as much as some want to believe otherwise. Also what is so bad that he has said to the fans? I've watched all this pre match and post match press conference, and nothing jumped out as been harsh towards the fans. I didn't want McLeish, don't really want him now, but kudos if to him if he does something right, like he did on Saturday. He seems to be on a learning curve himself at Villa, I'd rather him succeed than fail.

You can be bitter all you like but the result was a big **** you to all the fans booing, I wasn't booing but I was cursing him for it so no better than anyone else.

At the end of the day we won the game with all three subs combining for the winning goal, he got it right however you look at it.

It's only an opinion but I think the concern with nzog are around his fitness levels which is why he's tending to come off ahead of others....Albrighton can run for days which IMO is why he's staying on most of the time despite not really contributing enough.

I'm not defending the policy re nzog but I think they have reasons which they feel are justified.

Edit - the opening line wasn't aimed as a response to the above post, it was meant as a general comment sorry

I'm not his biggest fan, but he needs time

I like the signings he's making

What gives you that impression? He proved with SHA that given time things don't really get much better. All we'll do is become more effective at being negative.

yeah the anti mcleish stuff has been a tad overboard at times. i don't think anyone is saying he's suddenly our holy saviour come down from gingerland on a magic carpet to take us to the champions league trophy...

seems anything that isn't a personal insult to him means you are pro AM and are a fool. it's been a shit season by anyone's standards but we sold two very good players in the summer, have players on stupid wages bought for big money that for 2 seasons on the bounce haven't come anywhere close to giving value. on the plus side it looks like we could have produced at least half a dozen first teamers from our own academy and we need to make some big changes in the summer and then see what that brings.

if it's more of the same then AM will have been a failure and he will be sacked. if it's pushing for the top 6 again, then i'm all for AM continuing in the job.

comign on here to write "ginger clearing in the woods" every second sentence every single day is a waste of time and energy.

Very well said.

I'd like to see Spurs cope without Bale and Modric.

What gives you that impression? He proved with SHA that given time things don't really get much better. All we'll do is become more effective at being negative.

You really need to give it a rest.

Do you think he could of signed Given at Blues? It's pointless looking back at what he did at Blues now, he can attract a better player to our club, we have an abundance of quality young players coming through. I don't remember any coming through at Blues. He's used these players, sometimes it was forced upon him to do so but he talks very highly of the young players. Im sure they'll play a big part next season. Its time to clear out and bring them through. At least some are willing to give him a chance to do so and accepted that he'll be here to do it whether people like you like it or not.

Do you think he could have signed Given at Blues? It's pointless looking back at what he did at Blues now, he can attract a better player to our club, we have an abundance of quality young players coming through. I don't remember any coming through at Blues. He's used these players, sometimes it was forced upon him to do so but he talks very highly of the young players. Im sure they'll play a big part next season. Its time to clear out and bring them through. At least some are willing to give him a chance to do so and accepted that he'll be here to do it whether people like you like it or not.

My opposition to McLeish is not based on signings but his approach to the game. Despite proclaiming that he will play attacking football and that Villa are a much bigger club we've been subjected to the same kind of "football" that he used at SHA.

Very well said.

I'd like to see Spurs cope without Bale and Modric.

I'd like to see Spurs cope with McLeish.

:lol:

Do you think he could have signed Given at Blues? It's pointless looking back at what he did at Blues now, he can attract a better player to our club, we have an abundance of quality young players coming through. I don't remember any coming through at Blues. He's used these players, sometimes it was forced upon him to do so but he talks very highly of the young players. Im sure they'll play a big part next season. Its time to clear out and bring them through. At least some are willing to give him a chance to do so and accepted that he'll be here to do it whether people like you like it or not.

and I quote

and accepted that he'll be here to do it whether people like you like it or not.

accepting a situation about sums it up, we have no choice, we know he's awful but some here have accepted that because not much is likely to change whereas some of us will continue to push for change.....as reading the blues fan comment of suffering for 4 years of it........could you imagine another 3 years of this I certainly cant.............

Good job some of us did what we could about Ellis rather than just 'accept' it - apathy kills!

Ellis wasn't forced out, he could still be there now if he wanted. 10 years of protests against him did nothing, he sold due to his health and he now looks healthier than ever now he doesn't have the stress. Im sure the money he made on the clubs helps a little.

Last time I checked Steve Kean was still manager of Blackburn and Mike Ashley was still chairman of Newcastle.

Well, he's signed Given, who at first I was a bit non-plused about, however having watched him a lot recently, he really is a top top keeper, brilliant signing

Hutton, we all know shaky start, but in the last month he's looked a different player, and more importantly he looks like he's on a trajectory to get better

Charles Z - again, a difficult first 6 months but now starting to bed down, remember it took DJ about this time too. I think he will be a great player for us next season

Ok Jenas was a mistake, Enda is a big ? At this stage

But this lad from AZ is in nice and early and IMO is an exciting signing

There that's my view

Â