Houllier or Mcleish

Delphinho123

Houllier or McLeish?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Houllier or McLeish?

• McLeish
    • Houllier

For the record, I am not saying that Houllier is/was the man to take us forward. I am saying that we need a man with the same kind of footballing ethic and with a plan to build from within through club through developing young talent etc.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houllier would have been more clued up than Wenger on classy young players with potiential and their availability..Plus has just as much pulling power...He is very well regarded as a top coach on the continent.

Because you say so? More delusion about the myth that is houllier. I'm sure he would have been signing gervinho who would have turned arsenal down to join us and play with top quality like makoun and Bradley.

If Houllier can help move France as a nation into the modern era with coaching, training, tactics, player developement etc and earn a recognision for this work....Why couldnt he do the same for a club like Villa?

Because of his arrogance, lack of tactical ideas combined with disastrous PR and man management skills.

And if young players can never be coached to become top 4 quality, where's the next generation of top 4 players coming from? Yes it is that simple and comes down to coaching..

No it's not that simple. Coaching isn't the sole thing that creates a good player. How many players do you think have gone through academies at arsenal, barcelona, Ajax, man u etc.. And have gone on to be nothing but ordinary players or just haven't made it. Receiving great coaching is just part of what makes a top player a top player. But no in your houllier is god head any player under the age of 20 who simply received a tap on the shoulder of le god would become a top player.

But you are right...Because he never lowered his standards of a coach to fit in with MON''s players...It makes him a sh1t manager...errr NOT..Never lower your standards, despite whatever crap you have to work with.

Lower standards? When you take on a job and the transfer window is shut then you have to work with what you've got. No one was asking him to lower his standards but any decent manager wouldn't have gone in with his attitude pissing off players he HAS to work with, isolating other players while at the same time losing the support of the fans through just being himself.

Houllier leaving was the best thing to happen to this club. Mcleish may turn out to be the wrong appointment but I have no doubt he will do a better job at villa than houllier would ever have. And I base this on what I saw at this club last year not what happened years ago in a different country or because of malouda's opininon.

:yawn:

What is the point of this thread?

The people who disliked Houllier will say why he was shit, the people who liked Houllier will insist that he COULD have done something good.

It's like the possible future arguing with the disappointing past. It's pointless and it's boring.

So when Dunne comes into training after his previous night's 6 pts of lager and A chicken Vindaloo and Houllier asks him to do training which is far to advanced for the fat lump of lard..Houllier is then supposed to lower his training and coaching methods to suit the player? Or shouldnt he not set the standards of high level coaching to the standards he is at and wants to get the club at?

At the end of the day Houllier was too advanced in his coaching for some of our players..So the club have now resorted to getting manager thats on a level with our playing personel...And the players that were at Houllier's level are leaving or have left the club...And in return we are now signing Hutton, Jenus and going for players like Davis.

bit of a moot point isn't it? If we had kept Monsieur Houlliier, we would have had a great European manager to be sure, but a dead one.

He didn't get The Villa.

He alienated important players, practically kissed the badge of a hated rival, talked down about our storied club and destroyed our team morale.

and he had health problems which would have seen his tenure abbreviated prematurely anyways.

dead issue and likely dead manager had he stayed. get over it, McLeish is far more the manager we need at this point in our history. Not the perfect one, but far better than Houllier would ever have been. For one, the players seem to enjoy working with him, which can't be said for the majority of the playing staff under Houllier.

For the record, I am not saying that Houllier is/was the man to take us forward. I am saying that we need a man with the same kind of footballing ethic and with a plan to build from within through club through developing young talent etc.

What was Houlliers football ethic exactly? as for a man to build from with in club developing youth etc well you couldn't get further away from that man with Houllier. Ask a Liverpool fan and they'll tell you he destroyed their youth set up.

Houllier showed at Liverpool that he needed bucket loads of cash to spend and he would often spend that money on players totally unsuited to playing in the Premier League. He again in his brief spell with us showed that he was a man who needed money - best part of 30 mill in January - to dig us out of a hole he had gotten us in to.

It is now very clear he would have had very little to spend over the summer, in fact less than half of funds generated. That coupled with the loss of Young and Downing and under Houllier, with out money to spend and having already shown he could not get anything like the best out of the players we already had, we'd have been far worse off than we are now.

bit of a moot point isn't it? If we had kept Monsieur Houlliier, we would have had a great European manager to be sure, but a dead one.

He didn't get The Villa.

He alienated important players, practically kissed the badge of a hated rival, talked down about our storied club and destroyed our team morale.

and he had health problems which would have seen his tenure abbreviated prematurely anyways.

dead issue and likely dead manager had he stayed. get over it, McLeish is far more the manager we need at this point in our history. Not the perfect one, but far better than Houllier would ever have been. For one, the players seem to enjoy working with him, which can't be said for the majority of the playing staff under Houllier.

Ive already explained why the majority of our players enjoy working with him...Its because he is on their level..McLeish wouldnt have the 1st idea how to implement world class, modern day training technics that can move a club forward..Which is what you want if Villa are to EVER get in the top 4 again.

The game has evolved,it continues to evolve..Cloughie wouldnt last 5 mins in today's game...Blimey managers like Jol and Sven are struggling to keep up..Let alone McLeish..And now Wenger is slowly starting to struggle..Its not all money...Its evolotion of football.

Houllier was in touch with the modern day football...But our club wasnt. Its needs to change and it will hurt when we do change...You cant have one half of the room being coached Clougie style and the other side into finely tuned athletes...It needs to run all through the club. And that was the problem that Houllier was facing.

So when Dunne comes into training after his previous night's 6 pts of lager and A chicken Vindaloo and Houllier asks him to do training which is far to advanced for the fat lump of lard..Houllier is then supposed to lower his training and coaching methods to suit the player? Or shouldnt he not set the standards of high level coaching to the standards he is at and wants to get the club at?

At the end of the day Houllier was too advanced in his coaching for some of our players..So the club have now resorted to getting manager thats on a level with our playing personel...And the players that were at Houllier's level are leaving or have left the club...And in return we are now signing Hutton, Jenus and going for players like Davis.

:lol::lol:

Anyone can make something up to back up their opinion. Pretty stupid though and just another example of your ridiculous houllier delusions.

And houllier was so advanced that he himself admitted he wouldn't work on the defence until the summer even though it was a massive weakness. That doesn't sound like advanced coaching to me.

Cant believe people are voting for Houllier.

The man was a complete and utter clown

Anfieldgate and the way he treated the FA Cup with complete and utter discontempt was enough for me to turn my back on the bloke forever

Cant believe people are voting for Houllier.

The man was a complete and utter clown

Anfieldgate and the way he treated the FA Cup with complete and utter discontempt was enough for me to turn my back on the bloke forever

Disgust.gif

:lol::lol:

Houllier, a man who through coaching and dealing with young players can turn an average team into a top 4 team.

:lol:

It's like reading the ramblings of a mad man.

Arsene wenger is twice the coach houllier will ever be, he's been able to attract top class young players into his team and he's failed to seriously challenge the big clubs with this approach. Most people in the game acknowledge he needs to spend money in order to do this.

The notion that someone as shit as houllier could turn us into a top 4 team simply from his coaching and working with young players is ridiculous and completely ignores everything that happened at the club last year.

How has Wenger not challenged the big clubs. Are you for real??

Wenger took over a club that was defensively sound due to the work of George Graham. He then added attacking flair that was enough to make you drool and they played the type of football i wish every club could play.

The one thing Wenger hasnt done is shored up his back four, if he had earlier, he would have won much more.

Houllier came into a club in limbo, with a shite training regime............in fact why bother. You have your views, I have mine and it appears never the twain shall meet.

Scholari had everything, and won everything uder the sun, where did it get him at Chelsea. McLaren is one of the most decorated coaches in Europe, where did it get him with England ? , Fergusun had bugger all coaches badges - has it stopped him becoming a good manager ?.

I am struggling to find any truth in any of those statements.

Scholari - World Cup and a few South American trophies, not sure he had coached in Europe?

McClaren - One of the most decorated coaches in Europe........really?

Ferguson - Sure you have to have your UEFA A license (or be working toward it) to coach in the premier league

Houllier came into a club in limbo, with a shite training regime............in fact why bother. You have your views, I have mine and it appears never the twain shall meet.

Yeah that is why we had so few injuries and we came 6th 3 years on the trot. Our training was terrible thank god we had Houllier come in with his 'new' methods which led to mass injuries and had us in a relegation scrap.

Â