Houllier or Mcleish

Delphinho123

Houllier or McLeish?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Houllier or McLeish?

• McLeish
    • Houllier

The most worrying aspect for me, is the other managers 'earmarked' for the job Martinez and Mclaren - well lets just say AM is the best of bad bunch !

Oh and dont forget the ones that were touted Deschamp, who currently has only a slightly better points to games ratio in a much weaker league with a much better side.

Jol sitting below us.

Moyes sitting below us.

If people want to compare who is doing/done the better job between McLeish and Houllier they should wait till the end of the season because right now its just guess work as to what will happen.

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As bad as our current hoofball is, it's better than grimacing every time we concede a corner knowing we're going to concede, or watching our uncultured players try and pass it around in our own half for 5 mins before inevitably losing possession and conceding.

Yeah, but the cruel joke is I feel like that now, too. :)

:cry:

Looking at the reasons Hughes gave for leaving Fulham, I doubt very much if he would have come to Villa in its current financial state. The reality is probably that McLeish was one of the few managers who would have accepted the remit on offer in summer 2011.

If you can believe them. Hughes is a bitter man, as evidenced by his sniping at Citeh and Mancini and he doesn't seem to have been offered anything that has been available since he left. I think he may have created himself a problem with his regular quotes to the press and coming across as a moaner. Personally I wouldn't have wanted him at B6 anymore then McLeish. AM was a second choice after Martinez turned us down, and maybe he's regretting that decision in letting Whelan talk him out of it. At least if Martinez was manager, we'd be playing better football and perhaps be able to defend set pieces. If defending is AM's strong point, then it's pretty poor stuff.

He had a rant at Fulham last week as well about leaving

I'll take gabby still at this club over anyone houllier would have signed.

what if he signed Messi? though all your comments in the Makoun thread makes sense now ;)

Didn't know I had to consider ridiculous dream scenarios, i'll keep that in mind.

Makouns form for us, being dropped or unwanted by 3 different people in charge and now sitting on the bench in Greece shows my posts made sense

I'll take gabby still at this club over anyone houllier would have signed.

what if he signed Messi? though all your comments in the Makoun thread makes sense now ;)

Didn't know I had to consider ridiculous dream scenarios, i'll keep that in mind.

Makouns form for us, being dropped or unwanted by 3 different people in charge and now sitting on the bench in Greece shows my posts made sense

I still think saying "I'd take Gabby over anyone Houllier would have signed" is a bit silly, unless you really rate him that highly that you'd take him over anyone signed by any manager.

Â