Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

If you asked a neutral who is the player that has just come in to first team reckoning after a lengthy omission.....you would not have picked him too quickly.

Sad reflection on the rest.

Shouldn't be played in the middle of defence as he had a tendency to move forward into his natural defensive midfield position. Other than that he did well, but the space he left did cost us and could have seen Fulham score from a few.

Could do a job at defensive midfield but certainly not any worse than Baker in the same position. Has a great leap and isn't afraid to tangle.

Wouldn't want to see him at CB too many times, but certainly not our worst player against Fulham.

Always been a big Chris Herd fan. He is a proper defender. He senses danger & he snuffs it out.

He is a great holding midfield player too & regularly bailed out over rated waste of space Stephen Ireland too when they both played in the Villa team together.

Something many Villa fans over looked, especially when we were really really struggling.

Most of all I love Chris's winning Aussie mentality.

A definite starter for me either at Right Back, Central Defence or as the holding midfielder.

Nice one Chris.

• Like 1

Always been a big Chris Herd fan. He is a proper defender. He senses danger & he snuffs it out.

He is a great holding midfield player too & regularly bailed out over rated waste of space Stephen Ireland too when they both played in the Villa team together.

Something many Villa fans over looked, especially when we were really really struggling.

Most of all I love Chris's winning Aussie mentality.

A definite starter for me either at Right Back, Central Defence or as the holding midfielder.

Nice one Chris.

This.

I also like Herd. I'd put him in the midfield against United over Sylla, let him have the chance to prove he's worth something to the team. He might give us that extra bit of effort to try and retain a spot in the team due to the fact Lambert won't use him unless there is injuries. Also just havn't really been impressed by Sylla this season.

I really like Herd; he is extremely honest and totally committed. Give or take a few dodgy tattoos, he is a very likable lad.

However, he is not a very good footballer is he? And that's kind of what I want our players to be.

I really like Herd; he is extremely honest and totally committed. Give or take a few dodgy tattoos, he is a very likable lad.

However, he is not a very good footballer is he? And that's kind of what I want our players to be.

If he is played in a position he is accustomed to ie right back or central midfield I think he is a decent squad player. His shortcomings are magnified when he has played in the centre of defence. 

Shouldn't be played in the middle of defence as he had a tendency to move forward into his natural defensive midfield position. Other than that he did well, but the space he left did cost us and could have seen Fulham score from a few.

was it not more about the space Bacuna left by being so far forward?

I was terrified when I saw him at CB yesterday as he was a calamity there last season. But he was actually very good, and the only player who seemed to care. That said, I wouldn't want him to play there again as I can see us being haunted by the ghost of the season past (same time of year too). Him in midfield along with KEA and Westy would be great though.

Â