Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

Rodgers being clever. Distancing himself from a job he wouldn't have got, thereby getting the goodwill and kudos off the fans for being 'loyal' to Swansea. Well played.

Rodgers being clever. Distancing himself from a job he wouldn't have got, thereby getting the goodwill and kudos off the fans for being 'loyal' to Swansea. Well played.

We were having a chuckle about this in the office earlier. It does raise a couple of worthy points though.

1. Liverpool fans are not prepared to accept a manager like Rodgers, Lambert or Martinez, meaning he would be given even less support than Woy got there.

2. He can build on this season's success and establish Swansea as a premier league team next season if he stays.

The pressure on success at a club where they demand a manager like Pep Guardiola or Jose Mourinho, combined with the unrealistic expectations of fans who think they 'deserve' to win the league could destroy his career. It's a good move from Rodgers, who has in one swoop strengthened his bond with his supporters and his club.

Oh yeah, **** Liverpool.

Only becuase he's halfway through his project with Ajax. He said he was honoured and let it be known he would be definitely interested in the future when the timing was better.

Rodgers is still in contention behind the scenes. he didn't want to be seen to have an interview, not get it, and then look a traitor to Swansea fans. He said if the actual job is offered to him he would definitely consider it and said to come back if his services are wanted fully.

Its not the club thats the issue or these Managers, its the recruitment process of FSG there not enthralled by. If Martinez doesn't get the job after his interview, has he meant to go back to Wigan as if nothing happened?

Er....did he? I can't seem to see any quotes in which he said he "would be definitely interested in the future", I guess I could have missed them but if I did it appears the Liverpool Echo also missed them as there were no such quotes in their coverage.

As for Rodgers, once again I think I've missed those quotes as well.

3rd paragraph sums up some Liverpool fans stupidity. 100 million on crap counts as backing

And paragraph 4:

"He was in the process of building a Liverpool team, the likes that would never have been seen."

£100m on shit and collecting a massive 18 points since Auld Lang Syne. Looooooool.

Amazed nobody has commented on the interview Suarez gave last week about the Evra incidents, the FA and the world being out to get Liverpool. It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic, the word deluded doesn't even come close.