Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

RAWK -

Re: Brendan Rodgers

« Reply #3134 on: Today at 03:59:32 PM »

15 years ago it would have been Mike Walker

10 Years ago it would have been George Burley

5 Years ago it would have been Paul Jewell

2 Years ago it would have been Owen Coyle

Welcome to the neighbourhood Mr Rodgers

Done and dusted according to the Beeb: 3 year deal likely to be announced within the next 24 hours.

Brendan Rodgers has agreed a deal to become the new manager of Liverpool. The 39-year-old is understood to have signed a three-year contract at Anfield and his appointment is likely to be officially confirmed within 24 hours. Liverpool will pay between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services.

No it's done. Sky are going to Harry in 5 minutes for his thoughts.

I understand they've developed a new technology called 'Windowcam' just for his interviews.

Will be an interesting season for Liverpool. I like Rodgers, but he will have a bit of a conundrum, with a squad of senior players on high wages, bought for a different playing style. Sure, there's a few that will match Rodgers style, but several, especially the ones with some years left on the contracts, won't. Will he try to install his system, or try a more gradual approach? I can see them treading water for a season, if they let him last that long.

I think Liverpool going for a manager that has had one decent season at Swansea shows just how far they've fallen.

Rodgers has always maintained that he wanted to stay at Swansea long term, we all know that was bullshit, I'd be quite annoyed with him if I was a Swansea fan.

Agree with Trent, Rodgers is the best out of that category and I can see him becoming a really good manager for Liverpool. They will need to give him time though.

He won't get time, not if he starts the season slowly that's for sure.

Been reliably informed that Rodgers has been guaranteed a very minimum of 2 to 3 years to be sniffing around 4th not within it. Thats no matter what the fans say or do the owners have assured him, so he doesn't have to worry too much about time and patience yet.

He should be fine and I after spendi ng the last 3 days reading everything there is to read that I could get my hands on about his career, his philosophy and his tactics and methods I am really confident FSG have got the right man for the job. By researching and learning about him in detail he really doe's become an exciting young prospect and I am looking forward to it immensely.

He has excellent man management skills and has the gift of the gab so I'm confident he can convince our better players to buy into his vision so not too worried about losing people, although I still have slight concerns over Reina and Skrtel, possibly Suarez with him being so close to Dalglish.

I am also liking the sounds of the new european style structure FSG are implementing too and it sould work well with Rodgers giving him the support he needs to success and glad there won't be a DOF above him as such but 3 people working alongside him in charge of different technical aspects.

I feel so much more confident now Dalglish has gone and we have this new young and modern manager more suited to todays game and think ith this new approach and structure we can be back in the top 4 within the 2 to 3 years he is getting.

However, as always the proof will be in the pudding so we will see what happens in the next couple of years.

Cautiously optimistic and excited.

Rodgers has also told Gylfi Sig to sign for Swansea regardless which I thought was a nice touch from him towards his old club.

I think you've got a really good manager on your hands, far better than Martinez and better even than some of the bigger names linked with the job. I rate Rodgers that highly and he would have been my first choice to come here.

I'm not convinced Liverpool will ever get back to winning league titles, the club just doesn't seem to have the financial power to achieve that sort of goal so he has his work cut out meeting expectations. But given time I think he will do a very good job.

Been reliably informed that Rodgers has been guaranteed a very minimum of 2 to 3 years to be sniffing around 4th not within it. Thats no matter what the fans say or do the owners have assured him, so he doesn't have to worry too much about time and patience yet.

He should be fine and I after spendi ng the last 3 days reading everything there is to read that I could get my hands on about his career, his philosophy and his tactics and methods I am really confident FSG have got the right man for the job. By researching and learning about him in detail he really doe's become an exciting young prospect and I am looking forward to it immensely.

He has excellent man management skills and has the gift of the gab so I'm confident he can convince our better players to buy into his vision so not too worried about losing people, although I still have slight concerns over Reina and Skrtel, possibly Suarez with him being so close to Dalglish.

I am also liking the sounds of the new european style structure FSG are implementing too and it sould work well with Rodgers giving him the support he needs to success and glad there won't be a DOF above him as such but 3 people working alongside him in charge of different technical aspects.

I feel so much more confident now Dalglish has gone and we have this new young and modern manager more suited to todays game and think ith this new approach and structure we can be back in the top 4 within the 2 to 3 years he is getting.

However, as always the proof will be in the pudding so we will see what happens in the next couple of years.

Cautiously optimistic and excited.

Rodgers has also told Gylfi Sig to sign for Swansea regardless which I thought was a nice touch from him towards his old club.

Good post, albeit a bit of confirmation bias noted. :thumb:

Do you think he will be lovingly accepted by the Liverpool fans, like K. Diggy, or will they be on his back from the start of the season, like Woy?

I think you've got a really good manager on your hands, far better than Martinez and better even than some of the bigger names linked with the job. I rate Rodgers that highly and he would have been my first choice to come here.

I'm not convinced Liverpool will ever get back to winning league titles, the club just doesn't seem to have the financial power to achieve that sort of goal so he has his work cut out meeting expectations. But given time I think he will do a very good job.

I agree Trent said the same to my mates. Barring some freak miracle or some really strong FFP rules being upheld LFC can forget about PL titles unless were taken over by some massively rich sugar daddy like Roman or the Sheik.

Most supporters I speak to have massively lowered their expectations after last 3 seasons and would be more than happy with top 6 this season and next and if were back in the top 4 within 3 years most people I know would be happy enough than that.

I haven't spoke to anyoine who has talked about title challenges anytime in the future and I think proper, non-plastic twitter fans' expectations are at a realistic level now compared to where the club is currently.

Thats jamie carragher's liverpool career finished then

thing is, even king kenny was phasing him out, but as soon as Rodgers does it, they'll want him strung from a lamp post.

I disagree respectfully mate.

I haven't spoke or come across any fans in real life or on the boards (not RAWK that place is a circus tat doesn't count that the majority of LFC fans are ashamed is even connected with us - its a stain on our name) who don't want Rodgers to bomb Carra out and Gerrard not too far behind.