Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

Would love to see Liverpool finish in the bottom half.

no matter how low they finish they will still be 4th or 5th favorites to win the league next season at a ridiculous 10/1 price.

A few boo's yesterday after the full time whistle I noticed, wonder how much they'll spend this summer.

Couldn't possibly have been boo's, you must be mistaken as Liverpool fans are the bestest most knowledgable fans in the whole wide world. The ex Liverpool players who dominate the media say so so it must be true.

Kit controversy

That lot have nothing better to do than sit back and wait for things to 'offend' them, even if those things are not even offensive.

Liverpool kit launch sparks anger among Hillsborough families

The launch of the new Liverpool home kit has prompted an angry response from a number of the families of those killed in the Hillsborough disaster.

The club's home shirt for the 2012-13 season, designed by American company Warrior, was revealed on Friday.

Fans have welcomed the design, but the decision to move the eternal flames honouring the dead from the front to the back of the shirt has angered many.

Continue reading the main story

Liverpool did take time to meet with the seven members of the Hillsborough Family Support Group (HFSG) committee but other groups were not consulted.

The HFSG was the first group formed after the disaster in May 1989 and provides support for many of the bereaved families. The HJC also acts for a number of the families but its priority is to fight for the truth behind the events that took place at Hillsborough on 15 April 1989

A HJC statement read: "We have noted that the Hillsborough flames and '96' will now appear on the back of the shirt 'after consultation with family members'.

"We can confirm that no bereaved families of the HJC were contacted or consulted. The first we were aware of this was via the minutes of the Supporters' Committee March meeting. Once again LFC has chosen to ignore the HJC and their families.

"The continued refusal of the club to acknowledge the HJC is insensitive, divisive and deplorable - 96 is more than a number. LFC would do well to remember that."

Liverpool moved swiftly to defend their part in the process and claimed they had made every effort to deal with the issue as sensitively as possible.

A spokesman said: "The club consulted with the HFSG committee and shared a number of alternative designs which were considered.

"The committee selected a design, which includes the number 96 to recognise those who lost their lives. Nobody has more respect for the 96 and their families than this football club."

Margaret Aspinall, chair of HFSG, said: "It is difficult for everyone to be consulted all the time. I know there are a number of the bereaved families in the HJC and I can understand what they are saying."

Andy Heaton, editor of Liverpool fanzine The Anfield Wrap , added: "Is it really that hard to consult all of the families, not some?"

The row threatens to taint the launch of the kit, which represents the start of the biggest deal of its kind in English football history.

The £25m-a-year contract with Boston-based Warrior Sports more than doubles the Anfield club's previous agreement with adidas.

Warrior is a brand better known in the lacrosse world.

According to PR Marketing, a German market research company, Liverpool are the fourth-biggest replica kit seller in football, behind Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona. About 900,000 shirts are sold annually.

It's pretty funny how they are offended by anything. Then defend a racist saying he's done nout wrong.

Only saw the story on the BBC website this morning. Always reminds me of the old joke...

What's the difference between a cow and a tragedy?

A scouser wouldn't know how to milk a cow.    

Kenny getting moody again after game

Reports in some Sunday newspapers had suggested that Dalglish would leave the manager's position during the summer, with Wigan boss Roberto Martinez being tipped as the man to replace him.

After watching Danny Graham's 100th career goal condemn them to an eighth-placed finish, Dalglish was asked if he expected to be in the Anfield hot seat next season.

He replied: "I expect the owners to have more dignity and integrity than to believe a story in a newspaper."

The visitors were outplayed during the first half but posed a greater threat after the break, with Swansea goalkeeper Michel Vorm making one stunning save to keep out Andy Carroll's acrobatic overhead kick and then making a low stop to deny the £35million striker.

And Dalglish felt his side had deserved at least a point, but acknowledged their campaign, which ended with Liverpool below local rivals Everton for the first time since 2005, had not been good enough.

"I think on the second-half performance, the least they deserved was a point," he said.

"We've got to keep believing and in credit to the players they have kept believing.

"The passing and moving at times has been excellent and the goalkeeper's save to stop Andy was fantastic. We just have to keep going and maybe next year the luck will change for us.

"We won't run away from the points tally or hide or say the points tally is satisfactory to anyone who works for or supports Liverpool Football Club. We will face up to reality. The performances have been excellent in a lot of cases but not the points tally, so we will try our best to correct that."

The Reds were without captain Steven Gerrard after he failed to sufficiently recover from a back problem.

But Dalglish is confident the midfielder will be fit to be part of England manager Roy Hodgson's Euro 2012 squad.

He said: "It's not my concern, but I wouldn't think he'll be a problem."

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/7754676/Crabby-Kenny-Hits-Out-After

Boooooo, I want King Kenny to stay for years. It puts Liverpool supporters in the strange position of appearing gutted he's gone when in reality they're delighted.