Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

I knew they'd want to stop buying something as is their traditional form of protest (although how much stuff Scousers actually pay for may be questionable). Apparently they're going to boycott the FA's sponsors - Umbro, Mars and McDonald's.

So people from Liverpool are going to refuse to buy anything from Umbro, Mars and McDonald's? OoooooooKkkkkkkk. I'll believe that when I see it.

Suarez - guilty of racist term, plus other incidents

Gerrard - we know what he has done

Bellamy - hits teammates with golf clubs

Carroll - charged with assault

Downing - liar

Johnson - steals toilet seats

classy club

Some of the comments I've seen on twitter are horrific, I know every club has their set of scummy fans but Liverpool seem to have a lot.

I am liking the #ParaphrasedLiverpoolStatement trend, my favourite so far.

'Suarez isn't racist, his favourite Ghostbuster is Winston.'

:crylaugh:

i dont think he should be sacked, too much money involved, would any club in the world write off a £25m signing and happily let him join someone else for free? and i had to turn stan collymore off because once again he's gone way too far

liverpool should have matched the FA's fine and issued a public apology, got suarez to explain that he is guilty of using racial language and not being a racist and then sensibly appealed the 8 game ban as being harsh, as it is i think im one of many people, hopefully plenty of them at the FA who think **** them and their victim card

To me a negro is a black person like a white person is a caucasian.

These days a negro is a black person like a white person is a honky.

Stewart Lee on what The Trees said

Absolutely not. My expectation of what the particular 'incident' was about was that Suarez used the word constantly repeated by the comedian in your link. I also questioned whether the word apparently used was now outlawed, nothing more.

Clearly i need to be more 'up to date' on political correctness, but it's a shame that you try to make it out to be something more.

If the powers that be in the game are serious about kicking racism out of football, and if Suarez is guilty (I don't know the full facts), then an 8 match ban is about right, any reduction is a weakening of the stance and should not happen.

Dangerous ground here, but I do think an 8 game ban seems excessivly harsh. You regularly see players making homophobic gestures towards each, other which is every bit as bad, yet this goes completely unpunished.

Britain (English FA) tend to see themselves as a shining light in the fight against racism (and have done an incredible job over the last 30 or so years), but is it fair to expect someone from South America to fully appreciate this stance within 12 months of arriving in the country?

My point is that I just don't think it's fair to impose our impecably high standards on an individual from a country who perhaps dont see racism as such an important issue.

It's the equivalent of a Briton going and playing in country who get incredibly offended by comments regarding a person's height and then making fun of Peter Crouch.

An enforced program of education and rehabilitation would surely have been more beneficial. Perhaps forcing Suarez & Liverpool to make some kind of apology.

Ofcourse, and perhaps you're right. But as I say, the footballing world would have benefitted far more if Suarez was forced to come out with his tail between his legs and admit his mistake. All this means is that Liverpool will involve themselves in a lengthy (and self depricating) appeal process and the league will lose one of it's most entertaining players for 2 months.