Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

For admitting what he said, and not realising the deference in the meaning here and his own country. He could have just said he never said anything. This has to be taken in consideration in my opinion.

For admitting what he said, and not realising the deferencae in the meaning here and his own country. He could have just said he never said anything. This has to be taken in consideration in my opinion.

Ignorance isn't any defence.

A well documented hateful individual. The way the club is standing by their investment (and thats the rub) is understandable but entirely wrong.

I think some fairly speedy backtracking by lfc is the only way they can repair the reasonably severe damage they've done.

They won't back down over this.

This is going to rumble on for at least a year in my opinion, with Liverpool taking it to various courts etc to try and get the result they want.

Can't see them backtracking after the statements they've made (written, verbal, t-shirts, etc).

The way the club is standing by their investment (and thats the rub) is understandable but entirely wrong.

Absolutely. Remember that Liverpool FC are a club who suspended their reserve goalkeeper for 14 days for having the gall to smile at the Hillsborough memorial service in 2009. They arent suspending Suarez over his (much worse) behaviour despite him being found guilty by a third party with no axe to grind either way. If Suarez were just a squad player rather than the guy who is the first name on their team sheet then Liverpool would not be acting in the childish way they are. This isnt about them supporting Suarez's cause, it is about them badly needing him in the team and trying to flex their muscles to get the Premier League to back down. They probably didnt anticipate the backlash they are currently getting though.

emember that Liverpool FC are a club who suspended their reserve goalkeeper for 14 days for having the gall to smile at the Hillsborough memorial service in 2009.

Ah, Charles Itandje. If Liverpool hadn't signed him, we'd have never had Scott Carson on loan for that season.

**** you Charles Itandje! :angry:

For admitting what he said, and not realising the deference in the meaning here and his own country. He could have just said he never said anything. This has to be taken in consideration in my opinion.

As does the fact he didn't arrive here from Uruguay he came from Holland and I don't think for one minute what he said would have been acceptable there either.

Its a poor excuse and it doesn't wash.

As does the fact he didn't arrive here from Uruguay he came from Holland and I don't think for one minute what he said would have been acceptable there either.

I can't believe he doesn't know what that word has connotations with in Europe, let alone England, regardless of what it might mean back in Uruguay.

I can't believe he doesn't know what that word has connotations with in Europe, let alone England, regardless of what it might mean back in Uruguay.

Neither do I, I would also add that he is alleged to have said it to Evra 10 times during the game. I'm guessing at it would have been fairly obvious to Suarez that Evra was offended after the 1st time, yet he called it him a further 9 times.

The "didn't know" defence is therefore in my humble opinion, to use the correct legal terminology..... horse shit.

Anyone tried talking to a liverpool fan about this?

"suarez's defence that he said the word but in his culture it means something different was never going to work"

"no its all evras fault, hes a liar"

"suarez admitted calling him it"

"evras got history for this, he calls people racist all the time"

Its **** ridiculous, makes me wonder what would happen if this was vs wigan or norwich rather than utd, one liverpool fan mate even belives fergie had an influence on the panel and told them to give him 8 games because it knocks them out of the title race

Just finished watching the Liverpool game. Erm....how come we were useless against them again?

Carroll, Henderson, Downing (lol back to his shadow self) and Adam... All of those players aren't even upper midtable standard yet it costed Liverpool over 80 million. Horrible business. They won't finish in the top 4. No way.

Just finished watching the Liverpool game. Erm....how come we were useless against them again?

Carroll, Henderson, Downing (lol back to his shadow self) and Adam... All of those players aren't even upper midtable standard yet it costed Liverpool over 80 million. Horrible business. They won't finish in the top 4. No way.

Did Suarez have another game in which he got everyone on the edge of their sit, showing how brilliant he is, whilst missing a shit load of chances?