Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

As someone who grew up in the 70's and 80's, when liverpools success was built on:-

1.Spending more money than anyone else

2.The almost inevitable 'anfield penalty' when ever they were in a hole.

Basically the funds dried up - and the fell from grace. Currently they have cash - so 4th place really depends on how much they splash in the jan window, probably on a new striker (I fear a massive bid for bent - but thats another story)

so in answer to the question - if they can revert to type and splash £40m in jan - then yes they have good chance for 4th.

however unless they can maintain the spending - I don't see a return to dominance of the 70's & 80's ......thank god

probably on a new striker (I fear a massive bid for bent - but thats another story)

they would have to sell one of Carroll, Kuyt, Suarez or Bellamy but we all know its not going to happen

i don't agree ...£30m would turn a few heads at villa. I reckon liverpool could ,in the short term , finance that amount. - I just hope we don't get carroll as part of a swap (probably couldn't afford his wages)

Liverpool wont throw 30 million at a forward line they have already spent a lot on. Plus Bent cant really play with a partner and Suarez is most important player at moment.

PLus for his age tehir is no re-sale value for BEnt by spending 30 million

• 2 weeks later...

Now Lucas is out for the season by confidence of us coming top 4 has been greatly dented. If we buy an excellent replacement in Jan like M'vila or Moussa Sissoko then we might have a chance. We must also buy a right winger (were we are particulalrly weak) and top finisher/striker.

We have plenty of money to spend so I expect us to this but to be honest I don't have complete confidence in Dalglish to spend it wisely. Downing still flatters to deceive although Henderson has been getting better with each game he plays in centre mid. He particulalry played well against City and Chelsea in the Carling Cup.

Weve been on a decent run of late and haven't been beat in quite a while but our problem is all the draws particulary at home, although we were really unlucky to draw against the two Manc clubs and really should of won both. The chances were there but threw away. If we play the way we played against City and Chavs we'll win against most of the so called smaller teams and if we can buy someone who will convert all the chances we create we will do much better.

If we don't come 4th this season the main reason will be us not taking our chances. We have created ridiculous amounts of clear cut goalscoing chances then proceded to royally **** them up. The main culprit for this has been Suarez (although he is playing well in other ways) who has a poor attempts to goals ratio. We have been good in defence, especially since Carragher has been axed, but if Agger gets one of his usual injuries this could all change.

Overall, Dalglish is finally getting the team to play the passing game he wants and we are playing much better in the last 4 or 5 games or so. Fourth is still very much on but it will depend on the business we do in January, how we play against the lesser teams, no more injuries to key players and whether Spurs and Arsenal can keep their excellent runs going.

My prediction at the moment is 5th. We still need to add a few more top quality players to takeover Arsenal and Spurs.

P.S I have had some info off the person who gave me the Downing info to say that, unfortunately, Bent is being considered for theforward player we need but a "player in Spain as yet unknown" is our top target.

You can't stop a Uruguayan striker from diving and cheating. It's part of life. It would cause an irreparable rent in the space-time continuum that would kill us all.