Liverpool FC in 2011/12

BOF

Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will Liverpool finish in the top 4 this season?

• No
    • Yes

The over reaction is quite painful

but then again if you get paid that much to be on tv, and when you throw in his expenses he gets paid a figure beyond daft IMO he should know what to say, they knew they were going to talk about it I'm amazed no one briefed him on what's considered pc

Beyond what I make?! Unpossible.

Liverpool have turned playing the victim into an art form over the years. The latest offering is laughable at best, classless at worst. The squad statement which says 'Luis won't walk alone' smacks of David Brent. They constantly preach and bleat on about the need for 'Justice for the 96'. No one ever mentions 'Justice for the 39'.

Kenny, you're an embarrassment.

Liverpool have turned playing the victim into an art form over the years. The latest offering is laughable at best, classless at worst. The squad statement which says 'Luis won't walk alone' smacks of David Brent. They constantly preach and bleat on about the need for 'Justice for the 96'. No one ever mentions 'Justice for the 39'.

Kenny, you're an embarrassment.

I'm glad someone else brought that up. When I read about the Hillsborough on RAWK at times it make me feel genuinely uncomfortable. It's as if they use the tragedy to enforce a group think of "them against us." Each football club fanbase tend have their own tendancies which typify them. For example, Id' say we Spurs fans are seen as delusional, whilst many see you lot as having an inferiority complex. But Liverpool fans are like brainwashed cult members in which they all share legislated opinion as if they've been programmed like robots. You never hear "justice for the 39" as it isn't used to manipluate in an almost religous or political way Liverpool fans use Hillsborough. I almost considered starting a thread about it at RAWK, but thought they'd react badly so didn't bother.

Each football club fanbase tend have their own tendancies which typify them. For example, Id' say we Spurs fans are seen as delusional, whilst many see you lot as having an inferiority complex.

Actually we are delusional with an inferiority complex. Fickle as well.

But we're still the best supporters with the greatest football club on God's earth :winkold:

Each football club fanbase tend have their own tendancies which typify them. For example, Id' say we Spurs fans are seen as delusional, whilst many see you lot as having an inferiority complex.

I prefer to think of us as self-deprecating to the point of near suicide, but I get where you're coming from.

The extreme reaction to Mr Bigley's murder is fed by the fact that he was a Liverpudlian. Liverpool is a handsome city with a tribal sense of community. A combination of economic misfortune - its docks were, fundamentally, on the wrong side of England when Britain entered what is now the European Union - and an excessive predilection for welfarism have created a peculiar, and deeply unattractive, psyche among many Liverpudlians. They see themselves whenever possible as victims, and resent their victim status; yet at the same time they wallow in it. Part of this flawed psychological state is that they cannot accept that they might have made any contribution to their misfortunes, but seek rather to blame someone else for it, thereby deepening their sense of shared tribal grievance against the rest of society. The deaths of more than 50 Liverpool football supporters at Hillsborough in 1989 was undeniably a greater tragedy than the single death, however horrible, of Mr Bigley; but that is no excuse for Liverpool's failure to acknowledge, even to this day, the part played in the disaster by drunken fans at the back of the crowd who mindlessly tried to fight their way into the ground that Saturday afternoon. The police became a convenient scapegoat, and the Sun newspaper a whipping-boy for daring, albeit in a tasteless fashion, to hint at the wider causes of the incident.

Boris Johnson hit the nail on the head

think the t-shirt from Liverpool was very small time and they were expecting positive reactions and they have been rightfully slaughtered by the media and others.

Dont mind a club playing a siege mentality but you didnt see United throw tantrums and wearing when Rooney got a 3 game ban for a much lesser offence

Liverpool FC and their fans have played this very badly. Yes I think the ban was harsh, but I don't know any more evidence than the average Liverpool fan.

The statement and the tshirt thing is in very bad taste. Quite who though this was a good idea is beyond belief. It just happens with a club like Liverpool, this is their fans dream. If you see the messages on Twitter that Paul McGrath is getting following a well reasoned argument , you realise what morons some football fans are, especially Liverpool fans.

I thought I would check out Liverpools official website for any reference to an Anti-Racism/Equality Policy.

Having heard all the comments coming out of Anfield over the last few weeks and having read this, it shows just how much Liverpool FC are a complete bunch of hypocites who clearly do not believe in the ethos they put out.

http://tinyurl.com/bns8k2c

Liverpool fans are constantly organising boycotts such as Fox Football Phone In and The Sun. Maybe it would be a good idea for fans to use forums to boycott MOTD or Sky if they show Liverpool games, until Liverpool make an apology.

Liverpool FC and their fans have played this very badly. Yes I think the ban was harsh, but I don't know any more evidence than the average Liverpool fan.

The statement and the tshirt thing is in very bad taste. Quite who though this was a good idea is beyond belief. It just happens with a club like Liverpool, this is their fans dream. If you see the messages on Twitter that Paul McGrath is getting following a well reasoned argument , you realise what morons some football fans are, especially Liverpool fans.

I've not got all the facts mate, but if he did racially abuse the boy can I ask why you would think a 8 game ban is harsh?