Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

55 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We finished 4th this season. 

And with the players we are losing my statement is still true.  Unless we change our approach we’ll be bottom half of this league.  

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

And with the players we are losing my statement is still true.  Unless we change our approach we’ll be bottom half of this league.  

Let's wait and find out first eh. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Let's wait and find out first eh. 

Well, we can start with Johnstone and , snodgrass,  and hutton ( per Bruce’s earlier statement.).  Then add terry, and we both know there will be more.  But that’s ok., just smile like the economic chickens won’t come home to roost.  

If we don’t change our approach we will be bottom half next year.  

18 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Well, we can start with Johnstone and , snodgrass,  and hutton ( per Bruce’s earlier statement.).  Then add terry, and we both know there will be more.  But that’s ok., just smile like the economic chickens won’t come home to roost.  

If we don’t change our approach we will be bottom half next year.  

I'm very confident that the club will be aiming for promotion next season. Whether we achieve it or not of course is unknowable at this stage, but we're not going to be aiming for 13th place, so we won't (or shouldn't, anyway) play Gary Gardner. That's my point. The rest is just speculation at this point. 

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm very confident that the club will be aiming for promotion next season. Whether we achieve it or not of course is unknowable at this stage, but we're not going to be aiming for 13th place, so we won't (or shouldn't, anyway) play Gary Gardner. That's my point. The rest is just speculation at this point. 

I agree we’ll AIM for higher, of course.  Bat again, unless we change our approach, we won’t get even close. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Could we convert him to a centre back? (seriously ment, like we did with Southgate)

I don’t think he has the attributes, he’s a natural goalscoring midfielder in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Could we convert him to a centre back? (seriously ment, like we did with Southgate)

Does he read the game well enough? Hes to slow to play in midfield imo, but I do like the idea of turning him into a ball playing centre back especialy in a back 3 or am I just getting fond of him due to him beign away for a while ?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he is, I saw him for the u18s and u23s, I don’t think it’s too late for him 

He's had two career threatening injuries since then though. Unfortunately, he's just not the player we thought he might be. I'd love him to come good but those injuries just killed him at a very important stage of his career.

6 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

He's had two career threatening injuries since then though. Unfortunately, he's just not the player we thought he might be. I'd love him to come good but those injuries just killed him at a very important stage of his career.

It’s true, I guess we just have to wait and see

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

26 today, I wonder what the future holds for him, I still don’t think it’s too late for him, we’ll see, whatever happens i’ll always rate him for that header against the Blues

26?????? bloody hell, I still think of him as a youngster waiting for his chance.

I have as much chance of playing for us next season than him.
So far away from what is needed and looks absolutely terrified everytime he gets on the ball at VP.

Hasn't got what it takes to play here, maybe in front a few thousand at Barnsley, but not here.

11 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

It’s true, I guess we just have to wait and see

It's a real shame. I remember he looked outstanding in the youth team and I was excited to see him for the first team, but as soon as he got his chance he got those injuries. Might have been a great player. Hopefully he still can be, it would be like a new signing for us.

On 29/06/2018 at 23:24, rodders0223 said:

I have as much chance of playing for us next season than him.

I really don't think this is true, not only in the obvious joke sense, but in the idea that he's unlikely to play next season. If we don't sell him, we'll be needing to play him at least occasionally. I'm not expecting our squad to look like an embarrassment of riches next season, let's put it that way. 

Â