Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I'd like to think they've put some kind of clause into the contract regarding injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back less than 5 games before he's out again

I'd like to think they've put some kind of clause into the contract regarding injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back less than 5 games before he's out again

Has your employer got a clause that he doesn't have to pay you if you are injured at work ?

A lot of contract workers I know don't get paid if they don't come in to work, for any reason. But 'real life' isn't really indicative of footballers.

As unlikely as it is, I can see what AVFCAM was saying. Legally, could a player with his injury history, have a clause in saying something like 'If you get injured for 3 months+ we only need to pay XX % of your wages after the initial 3 months of full wages' ?

• Like 1

A lot of contract workers I know don't get paid if they don't come in to work, for any reason. But 'real life' isn't really indicative of footballers.

As unlikely as it is, I can see what AVFCAM was saying. Legally, could a player with his injury history, have a clause in saying something like 'If you get injured for 3 months+ we only need to pay XX % of your wages after the initial 3 months of full wages' ?

I'm pretty sure insurance covers the wages if a player gets injured doesnt it? Its only if a player has a long standing injury problem they may not get covered, and thats when clauses get put in contracts. I'd be surprised if we needed a clause here

just like a new signing.

Meh for me to be honest but i suppose when you have feck all to spend its better to try and retain those that want to be here and make reasonable demands than let them go and have another place to try and fill

if fit he must be ahead of Sylla in the pecking order

Admittedly, i've never seen enough of Gardner to suggest he'll be a great player for us but I really hope his injuries have come to an end and he can get a full season under his belt.

Regardless of what is happening at the club, I'm looking forward to pre-season and hope the likes of Gardner and Grealish get to show what they can do.

• Like 1

I just hope he is given a real chance like Delph had. It does sometimes takes the confidence of a few games to get a player going. Gardner could be the big presence that we need in our midfield. Delph - new signing - Gardner could be fairly balanced especially with Westwood and KEA in the mix.

He's missed out on an important part of his football development. Take any youngster talented in a certain area and stop them from doing it for a couple of years and its going to have a huge effect on them.

Hopefully he can stay free, get some minutes under his belt and start to become the player he was predicted to be.

Â