Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I don't hate him, he's just obviously not good enough. If anyone wants him on a free then let him go. 

I can only muster so much hate and almost all of it is being directed in Micah's direction at the moment, so basically, you're league 1 standard Gardner, continue your career there now 

• Like 1

I don't understand how he was well respected at Forest but garbage for us. Of course two games isn't enough to really judge him on, but sometimes you don't get time and just have to take your chance when it comes.

33 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I don't hate him, he's just obviously not good enough. If anyone wants him on a free then let him go. 

I can only muster so much hate and almost all of it is being directed in Micah's direction at the moment, so basically, you're league 1 standard Gardner, continue your career there now 

With us?

I have to say I don't buy all this talk of taking chances. He is what 23 and been a professional footballer for seven years. OK he has had injuries but as far as I can recall he has never torn up trees in any game for Villa that matters or in pretty much any game.

Just because he was apparently good in a side who finished 16th in the Championship last season proves nothing. If that is his level I can't see him being much use at a club with promotion ambitions. You can only 'defend' him with the argument that he is at the same level as a number of our players based on the last couple of games. Cold comfort indeed.

Edited by Harry

I've had enough with the "keeping the play ticking" type of midfielders, that offer nothing except two yards safe passes. Gardner and Westwood could just aswel be the same player, give us some hard workers, some midfielders that either break up play or run in to the box or something, the only reason Gardner and Westwood have such decent passing accuracy(if they even do have decent accuracy) is because they don't take chances. had enough of them. Bring us some fighters !! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I've had enough with the "keeping the play ticking" type of midfielders, that offer nothing except two yards safe passes. Gardner and Westwood could just aswel be the same player, give us some hard workers, some midfielders that either break up play or run in to the box or something, the only reason Gardner and Westwood have such decent passing accuracy(if they even do have decent accuracy) is because they don't take chances. had enough of them. Bring us some fighters !! 

Sorry but did you not see at least two great long passes he hit first half. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Sorry but did you not see at least two great long passes he hit first half. 

I actually missed the entire first half, so I missed all the good stuff, but two great passes a match is not enough for me, a player has to be able to offer something else. goals, assist, tackles, something.

Just now, KSV said:

He was really really poor. Dont think hes good enough sadly. Think Craig was better..........

Agreed and back when he played for us I thought he was a bang average premiership squad player so no real loss when he left. I'd have him back in a heartbeat given the dross we have now have in midfield.

Â