Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

too many damaged opinions on here....as sad as it is he will never make the prem and I think some of us never thought he would despite the injuries.

It strikes me that some folk just simply get carried away with the fairies on some of these young players.....its all jam tomorrow, based on the intrinsic belief that they have some sort of magical powers of a budding scout.

It is unlikely that we see something that others don't....its a bit of a figment of the imagination call it delusional if you will.....or at worst self indulgent.

The ones that usually make it....hit you like a steam train....they leave you with absolutely no doubt in the world....this is it.

then you know you've got one.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

too many damaged opinions on here....as sad as it is he will never make the prem and I think some of us never thought he would despite the injuries.

It strikes me that some folk just simply get carried away with the fairies on some of these young players.....its all jam tomorrow, based on the intrinsic belief that they have some sort of magical powers of a budding scout.

It is unlikely that we see something that others don't....its a bit of a figment of the imagination call it delusional if you will.....or at worst self indulgent.

The ones that usually make it....hit you like a steam train....they leave you with absolutely no doubt in the world....this is it.

Make it in what sense? Not every player who goes on to have a successful career at premier league level "hits you like a steam train". Hyperbole.

Gardner though? Running out of time.

• Like 2

Make it in what sense? Not every player who goes on to have a successful career at premier league level "hits you like a steam train". Hyperbole.

Gardner though? Running out of time.

well i think some of the references to his potential was linked to Steven Gerrard.....thats what i call hyperbole.

my reference was to these little gems that some folk seem to think we are unearthing.....but hey, sorry to spoil their dreams.

Edited by TRO

I think it was Gérard Houllier who compared him to Steven Gerrard and around that time Inter Milan were linked with a move for him. I think he was highly rated across the board, but sadly it seems his injuries have had an affect, not saying he would have been amazing without them. Maybe he'll come good in a similar fashion to Delph.

• Like 2

its a pity injury has hindered his progress, hes one that i wanted to see do well in our team, maybe time is up for him now and he will be better suited going to the lower leagues were the pace isnt so harsh so he can build up his fitness, does anyone know when his contract expires?

He is 22. What do people expect at this age after a number of seasons of injury as well, I would say playing a number of games at championship level and scoring a few at the same time is very good in the circumstances. If he can do the same for Forest he can kick on after pre season.  

Just another in a long line of overrated youngsters at Villa.

I'm not that disappointed because I never fell for the hype in the first place.

Well done you!

Edited by StefanAVFC

its a pity injury has hindered his progress, hes one that i wanted to see do well in our team, maybe time is up for him now and he will be better suited going to the lower leagues were the pace isnt so harsh so he can build up his fitness, does anyone know when his contract expires?

He signed a two year extension in May 2014

Just another in a long line of overrated youngsters at Villa.

I'm not that disappointed because I never fell for the hype in the first place.

Well, I must say that people hyped him up so much, and he played so well at reserve level, that I expected more, so you could say that I fell somewhat for the hype, not knowing any better. Having seen him play for the first team on his limited appearances, he really has shown absolutely nothing, and has not been impressive on loan.

I think the two year extension was a mistake.

Johnson seems to be a better player.

Â