Match Thread

wedge

Looking at our midfield, Delph should be the terrier making life difficult for them; he's not been able to do that, Petrov should be the man who keeps possession, links the back to the front and sets tempo; we haven't tried to do that and he can't do anything else at all, Albrighton should provide a wide threat and keep players off our back four, he didn't do that today, although he's capable of it, Ireland should provide the creativity and keep the opposition honest, he's not had much in the way of chances to do that and when he's had them he's not taken them.

For me our balance is wrong, looking at our style we need Delph to be playing where Petrov is and we need someone else to do the role Delph is supposed to be doing.

We're not pressing, not putting any pressure on Chelsea's midfielders - I think the CB's have actually done alright as has Gabby - but the back line has been far too busy and Gabby has been on his own against a back four.

We either change the way we play or we find someone who can do it.

All this game has shown is how far behind Chelsea we are on and off the pitch. The team is shocking, and I havent seen 1 Villa shirt in the crowd. We've been brought out here to be whipping boys for PR for Chelsea in the far east.

nothing wrong with losing but ignoring the midfield completely, having a piss poor formation, playing people out of position blatantly playing hooofball, none of these can be excused in a friendly.

people state chelsea are fitter because they are more match fit? so poor preseason scedule as well then!

All this game has shown is how far behind Chelsea we are on and off the pitch. The team is shocking, and I havent seen 1 Villa shirt in the crowd. We've been brought out here to be whipping boys for PR for Chelsea in the far east.

This. It was always about Chelsea anyway. Wonder how many of those idiots in the crowd had ever heard of Chelsea before Abramovich?! My guess would be not many...