Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Poor Guzan, not only is he bombarded every game and under pressure for 80% of the time, but he's now criticized for his distribution? Who's going to win them midfield arial battles? Westwood? Delph? KEA? His distribution is fine, problem is he usually gets more touches than our midfielders. Not only our goal keeper but the main playmaker too. 

His technique is OK.

I just think he should have noticed by now that when the guy he is aiming for (mostly Kozak) heads it down, there is nobody within 10 yards to pick it up, so it goes straight back to the opposition, which puts Guzan back under pressure within 10 seconds....

This is true, but it's not Guzan's fault, cause if he'd pass to someone closer to him he'd get the ball back within seconds, so eventually he'd need to hoof it.

Last season we relied on Guzan & Benteke to keep us up.

This season Benteke has gone missing along with our midfield so it's all down to Guzan to keep us up.

On top of that he also has to act as playmaker in this marvelous no possession hoof tactic that Lambert seem to favour.

Our most important player by a mile

A keeper can only ensure you don't lose. Benteke was the match-winner last season and he is out now because Lambert decided to play him through injury despite spending £7m on a player who was supposed to be able to fill in for him. 

I agree, but we don't play to win anymore anyway

• Like 1

Poor Guzan, not only is he bombarded every game and under pressure for 80% of the time, but he's now criticized for his distribution? Who's going to win them midfield arial battles? Westwood? Delph? KEA? His distribution is fine, problem is he usually gets more touches than our midfielders. Not only our goal keeper but the main playmaker too. 

His technique is OK.

I just think he should have noticed by now that when the guy he is aiming for (mostly Kozak) heads it down, there is nobody within 10 yards to pick it up, so it goes straight back to the opposition, which puts Guzan back under pressure within 10 seconds....

This is true, but it's not Guzan's fault, cause if he'd pass to someone closer to him he'd get the ball back within seconds, so eventually he'd need to hoof it.

True, he passes it to Luna, he gets out muscled and guzan is 1v1.

Despite being an excellent shot stopper he is a big reason why we struggle to get and keep possession of the ball.

Rather then throwing or passing it to the nearest player, like the sunderland keeper did, so we can build posession he simply boots it up field each time so we struggle to get hold of the ball.

Despite being an excellent shot stopper he is a big reason why we struggle to get and keep possession of the ball.

Rather then throwing or passing it to the nearest player, like the sunderland keeper did, so we can build posession he simply boots it up field each time so we struggle to get hold of the ball.

I'm pretty sure that's what he's being told to do.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That's probably his biggest weakness and maybe one that's thankfully stopped a big club coming in for him, he's pretty slow coming off his line to anticipate danger. We saw that with the Fulham first goal a few weeks back.

Still better than Mingolet who looks like a fan Liverpool have drawn out from the Kop.

Man you gotta love comments like this, I see them everywhere now. Seriously, kids should not be on the internet, it`s annoying.

ROBBIEFIFA1

It wasn't actually a dive. If you watched MOTD then u would have seen the pros talking about it and they all said it was a penalty so people calling him a diver get to ****. Just coz he used to always do it that doesn't mean he'll do it now

I think Guzan did the right thing to do.

He was in complete control of what he's doing, even going so far to slam his arms down so it didn't hit Suarez.

It's not his fault that Suarez was looking for it and was pre meditating is dive the whole way look at his left leg and how unnaturally it flops about because he thinks Brad is going to make contact there.

Guzan did the right thing.

The way I saw it was that Guzan had no chance of getting that ball without fouling Suarez, since Suarez was in complete control of it. It was a foolish and rash challenge, in particular because he should know that Suarez is an expert at getting penalties like that and any contact at all would be duly exploited. 

There is a bigger question of whether forwards should be able to win penalties so easily but with the current approach taken by referees, and Suarez's extreme skill at exploiting these situations, Guzan embarked on a suicide mission and only has himself to blame for being penalised.

• Like 1

Â