Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Yes, most preferably a CB who can control the defense first hand. This is one of the reasons why an inexperienced CB duo is a bad idea to start with, and why Clark - Baker has problems even though with Vlaar Clark is great.

I don't think a lack of leadership was the problem though, both center backs were pretty good yesterday.

A lack of leaderhip is a huge problem in this team! We may have not made the mistakes if the players had the likes of Vlaar shouting at them!!!

Guzan seems to hate passing it out unless Vlaar is there. The amount of times he went to go to Baker, then reconsidered it yesterday was nuts. That leads to HOOOOOOF.

Just shows how important Vlaar is throughout the entirety of the pitch.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Super brad as I affectionally call him is in the top 3 gk in Premier League.

I certainly feel he has gone about his villa career with great professionalism and deservedly is the mainstay in goal.

Super Guzan has the agility and reflexes which make him a top keeper. He's developed his positioning and handling but I do think his kicking is his weakest area . Aerially Guzan is now reliable on crosses that it's just his throwing distribution that would make him leading uk based American keeper.

I would certainly think he is an able captain as he's a great vocal communicator.

I just despair when I see him lining up to hoof it constantly.

Is it his idea to do this, or is he doing what he has been instructed to do, because it just brings unwarranted pressure back on the team.

I realise that our midfield is poor, but we really should be trying to build from the back, at least some of the time.

Guzan is a decent goalkeeper but not sure I'd go as far as saying he's one of the top 3 keepers in the premier league.

This.

Guzan is a good keeper, nothing more imo. I think a lot of his mistakes get over-looked on here whereas others, bennett & holt for example, get ripped to pieces.

In fact holt hadn't even had chance to make a mistake before the vultures were on him!

Evertons free kick, brunt & mulumbu's goals, arsenals 2, I think he should have done better with all of them.

Guzan is a decent goalkeeper but not sure I'd go as far as saying he's one of the top 3 keepers in the premier league.

This.

Guzan is a good keeper, nothing more imo. I think a lot of his mistakes get over-looked on here whereas others, bennett & holt for example, get ripped to pieces.

In fact holt hadn't even had chance to make a mistake before the vultures were on him!

Evertons free kick, brunt & mulumbu's goals, arsenals 2, I think he should have done better with all of them.

Then you're quite harsh. Almost no keepers save those. He comes for crosses more than anyone and he still hasn't whiffed on one and cost villa a goal.

This.

No.

I actually can't remember Arsenal's goals, but I'd say you're wrong with all the rest.

Top 3 keepers in the league? Probably not, but he's right up there, and only just outside that elite top group. I can only really think of De Gea, Lloris and Cech (when he's on form) who I'd say are obviously better than him.

I think he's in the tier below those 3 along with the likes of Begovic.

This.

Then you're quite harsh. Almost no keepers save those. He comes for crosses more than anyone and he still hasn't whiffed on one and cost villa a goal.

Aggreed - he was slow getting across for both Evertons free kick and Brunts goal...... Mulumbu's goal was poor defending, but schoolboy goalkeeping coming out feet first........

decent keeper, that's all I can say on him...... one of the "hugely" overrated clan at Villa !

• Like 1

This.

Aggreed - he was slow getting across for both Evertons free kick and Brunts goal...... Mulumbu's goal was poor defending, but schoolboy goalkeeping coming out feet first........

decent keeper, that's all I can say on him...... one of the "hugely" overrated clan at Villa !

Nonsense.

Imo of course.

VillaTalk's unbelievably harsh critique of keepers strikes again.

• Like 2

This.

Nonsense.

Imo of course.

VillaTalk's unbelievably harsh critique of keepers strikes again.

Fair Do's........ but IMO of course, hes vastly overrated amongst the Villa fanbase !

Â