Brad Guzan

R.Bear

thought he made some fine saves again on sunday and was very unlucky for the 1st goal, nothing he could do about it.

think its getting to the stage where he is probably our best keeper since Bosnich though the quality of both defences in front of them is a huge gulf in quality

Was listening to Bosnich the other day (he's a pundit now) talking about Joe Hart after Man City's loss to us. He mentioned that when a team is playing a bit off or the defence is having a bad day, that's when you need your GK to step up and give you a chance of at least winning a point and providing some confidence and encouragement to the team that they can still turn it around. (And, obviously, Man City don't have this).

So happy we have Guzan!

• 2 weeks later...

Must be getting bored, comes out and claims a couple balls a game but not a lot of saves to note in the last two games.

I must say, he better be one of our better long range passers by the end of the season by the amount of kicking he's had to do.

I love Brad to bits and he's been the best keeper we've had for years but I think a weakness of his game and maybe one of the top clubs hasn't made a bid is he's really slow off his line.

Take early on today....defence were waiting for him to come out and clear but he hesitated and the Cardiff player nearly nipped in to score.

He's no Lloris....a sweeper keeper the top clubs like to have especially if you have a high defensive line.

Still brilliant though.

I love Brad to bits and he's been the best keeper we've had for years but I think a weakness of his game and maybe one of the top clubs hasn't made a bid is he's really slow off his line.

Take early on today....defence were waiting for him to come out and clear but he hesitated and the Cardiff player nearly nipped in to score.

He's no Lloris....a sweeper keeper the top clubs like to have especially if you have a high defensive line.

Still brilliant though.

Was it Clarke? I think it was the defenders fault myself 

Nah there was enough distance between the ball and the players for Guzan to claim it if he'd been a bit sharper. His kicking is inconsistent aswell although he gets decent distance on his clearences most of the time. Top class in all other respects.

Nah there was enough distance between the ball and the players for Guzan to claim it if he'd been a bit sharper. His kicking is inconsistent aswell although he gets decent distance on his clearences most of the time. Top class in all other respects.

Maybe but Clarke should have still dealt with it. Its a difficult one for the goalkeeper sometimes. If you come out like say hart did against us and Chelsea and you dont get there you are made to look like an idiot.

It was Baker. A defender should never tell a keep what to do. Just get rid of it. Guzan should have been quicker but Baker should have just hoofed it away.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

Out of the US's friendlies this and next week, going feel very unconformable if Steer is in goal for the game against the 'Obsessed ones', would personally play Given.

Edited by Avflife

Another **** injury? :bang:

Yep, currently stands at Guzan, Clark, Delph, Gabby, Luna and Weimann, not including the long-term injuries to Okore, N'Zogbia and Gardner, 9 injuries and we aren't even a third of the way through the season.

Edited by Avflife

Â