Brad Guzan

R.Bear

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

as horrible as he has been, i do not understand why he gets the abuse that Le$cott and Bacuna get during the games. Have i missed something he's said?

He deserves it for the amount of points he has cost us. He's one of the most unprofessional players I've ever seen, his concentration and mental preparation for the game is disgusting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He deserves it for the amount of points he has cost us. He's one of the most unprofessional players I've ever seen, his concentration and mental preparation for the game is disgusting.

Did you see the goals that were conceded today? Lescott is constantly ball watching, and Richards can't even be bothered to run back and cover his man. Guzan has made a lot of mistakes this season no doubt about it, but his defense is constantly allowing these chances and forcing Guzan to come out on crosses and awkward balls because of the defense's ineptitude. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

And then he went on to be our player of the season and have a career year leading the league in numerous keeper stats? Yup I remember that. We were very smart to not let Guzan go.

And what a foolish decision it was. Guzan was overrated by so many for so long. He was always indecisive, clumsy, poor with crosses and distribution woeful, but sadly a lot of fans conveniently ignored that and would judge him just on his saves which were on occasions were decent, but then every keeper looks good occasionally. 

What a pity we didn't have the sense to get rid when we realised how truly shite he was. So many people at Villa have had their heads buried in the sand for the last 6 years. Now look at us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jay.P.A said:

That's not true at all.

Infact, he was one of the best goalkeepers at collecting crosses in the league. He's shit now, but wasn't back then.

As I said, he was so overrated it was unreal. Some of us realised he was second rate right from the off. 

• Like 1

a keeper that had so much potential and promise, that started well, looked good, most of us were eager for him to take the number 1 shirt, but what happened to him? we all know what happened, villa happened to him, this place has a dark horrible black cloud of it that can turn the best players into shit.

Can't help but feel, once again, that he has suffered from being behind one of the worst defences I've ever seen playing the professional game.

I don't think there's a huge amount he's done wrong, other than allow himself to be stitched up by the idiots in front of him, and accordingly panic when the ball ends up coming back at him, again and again and again...

Just now, Davkaus said:

What a load of bollocks. He had a couple of really, really good seasons. He's been shite since, and he needs to go, but anyone who thought we should have got rid of him two seasons ago clearly wasn't watching the matches,

Even in his so called decent seasons he was nothing special and his gaffes were overlooked, probably by the fans who laughably used to make out he was one of the best keepers in the PL. what a laugh that was. 

• Like 1

Go ahead and criticize Guzan this year, but saying he was always shit and nothing special is absolutely wrong. Guzan's 12-13 season was fantastic. He made 2-3 world class saves. I still remember I think it was Dyer's shot that was going perfect top corner, but Guzan at full reach got a finger tip to it and it just went wide. 

Though, the one thing you are right about is Guzan was always making mistakes in goal. A lot of times Guzan would parry a shot into a dangerous spot or leave a rebound, but the difference then was we had Vlaar and Baker who were much quicker and aware than Lescott and Richards. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Go ahead and criticize Guzan this year, but saying he was always shit and nothing special is absolutely wrong. Guzan's 12-13 season was fantastic. He made 2-3 world class saves. I still remember I think it was Dyer's shot that was going perfect top corner, but Guzan at full reach got a finger tip to it and it just went wide. 

Though, the one thing you are right about is Guzan was always making mistakes in goal. A lot of times Guzan would parry a shot into a dangerous spot or leave a rebound, but the difference then was we had Vlaar and Baker who were much quicker and aware than Lescott and Richards. 

yeah but that was 3 years ago though. I remember him bottling a header with the midget Dyer

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

A lot of times Guzan would parry a shot into a dangerous spot or leave a rebound, but the difference then was we had Vlaar and Baker who were much quicker and aware than Lescott and Richards. 

It's funny to think of Baker as being quicker and more aware than anyone, isn't it? (And I don't disagree.)

• Like 1

Â