Brad Guzan

R.Bear

He has made 4 errors leading to goals this season, only Rob Green has made more.  He has also let some easy shots past him this season, most recently Hererra's first goal for Utd.  His kicking is terrible and he hands the opposition back possession too often by kicking it out for throw ins.  I love him and he feels like one of our own but he has been average at best this season which isn't good enough. 

Name the 4 errors please.

He has made 4 errors leading to goals this season, only Rob Green has made more.  He has also let some easy shots past him this season, most recently Hererra's first goal for Utd.  His kicking is terrible and he hands the opposition back possession too often by kicking it out for throw ins.  I love him and he feels like one of our own but he has been average at best this season which isn't good enough. 

The only 2 I can think of are vs Man City on Saturday and Swansea away but I usually try and erase our goals conceded from my memory so someone else might remember the others.  It was a stat on the top of the page of our match write up in the Sun on Monday. 

Edit:   Just did some digging and the other 2 were vs Everton away and Leicester at home. 

Edited by Bunnski

The only 2 I can think of are vs Man City on Saturday and Swansea away but I usually try and erase our goals conceded from my memory so someone else might remember the others.  It was a stat on the top of the page of our match write up in the Sun on Monday. 

Edit:   Just did some digging and the other 2 were vs Everton away and Leicester at home. 

What were the errors?  The Man City one was obvious, but actually can't remember the others.

He has made 4 errors leading to goals this season, only Rob Green has made more. He has also let some easy shots past him this season, most recently Hererra's first goal for Utd. His kicking is terrible and he hands the opposition back possession too often by kicking it out for throw ins. I love him and he feels like one of our own but he has been average at best this season which isn't good enough.

The only 2 I can think of are vs Man City on Saturday and Swansea away but I usually try and erase our goals conceded from my memory so someone else might remember the others. It was a stat on the top of the page of our match write up in the Sun on Monday.

Edit: Just did some digging and the other 2 were vs Everton away and Leicester at home.

What were the errors? The Man City one was obvious, but actually can't remember the others.

He dropped a cross vs Swansea and he made a save vs Leicester and palmed it straight to ulloa who had a tap in. I can't remember the Everton one.

He has been pretty average this season if you compared the last 2, where games were won unexpectedly due to his brilliance. One thing for sure he must be feeling pretty shit now, throughout the league campaign he has been average and still battling for relegation, the only good thing that we have had is our FA cup run, which he was not involved.

He has made 4 errors leading to goals this season, only Rob Green has made more. He has also let some easy shots past him this season, most recently Hererra's first goal for Utd. His kicking is terrible and he hands the opposition back possession too often by kicking it out for throw ins. I love him and he feels like one of our own but he has been average at best this season which isn't good enough.

The only 2 I can think of are vs Man City on Saturday and Swansea away but I usually try and erase our goals conceded from my memory so someone else might remember the others. It was a stat on the top of the page of our match write up in the Sun on Monday.

Edit: Just did some digging and the other 2 were vs Everton away and Leicester at home.

What were the errors? The Man City one was obvious, but actually can't remember the others.

He dropped a cross vs Swansea and he made a save vs Leicester and palmed it straight to ulloa who had a tap in. I can't remember the Everton one.

The Leicester one wasn't really an error. The shot took a deflection off of Clark I think it was and it was actually a good save as he was moving in the opposite direction.

The Leicester one wasn't really an error. The shot took a deflection off of Clark I think it was and it was actually a good save as he was moving in the opposite direction.

Yeah that's true enough, was trying to remember it and could just remember him pushing the ball out to Ulloa, couldn't remember what happened in the build up to it. 

I just don't see the drop off that much at all.  Once again, he's right up there as one of the goalkeepers with the most saves this season.  For the first half of the season, only David De Gea and Costel Pantilimon had a better save% ratio (no stats available for the second half - Pantilimon has been pretty immense by the looks of it).

He was poor against City and might have made more mistakes in the season than usual (still can't remember vs. Leicester or Everton being particular errors - should've saved a penalty against Arsenal, though), but not a major problem for me.

He looks nervous , not a good thing for a keeper. Past heroics count for diddly squat right now. Shay Given looked composed and very confident in the games he has played, particularly the high pressure semi final. Right now I would go with Given.

The Everton one was a shot that squirmed under his body IIRC.

It was poor, but it was a game we'd already lost so didn't end up being crucial.

But he's the best keeper we have. He should play for the rest of the season.

It was poor, but it was a game we'd already lost so didn't end up being crucial.

Not on current form he isn't.  He was horrific against Man City, and we can't take the chance that his nerves will be shot.  Look at Enckelman and Carson, they never really recovered from similar **** ups.

Not on current form he isn't.  He was horrific against Man City, and we can't take the chance that his nerves will be shot.  Look at Enckelman and Carson, they never really recovered from similar **** ups.

He was horrific early on.  Certainly takes as much blame as Sanchez and Richardson/Bacuna for the goals - do we drop them all?  He needs to be played in the next game to regain his confidence.  I'd be disappointed if Sherwood dropped him.

Here's a hypothetical. We are in the last minute of extra time versus Arsenal at Wembley and the game is tied. If we have one sub remaining would you bring on Guzan for Shay? Remember LVG doing it for Holland against Costa Rica by bringing on Krul.

Guzan has a pretty good history of penalty saves and showing that confidence in him would make him feel about 12 feet tall. Might even screw with the minds of the Arsenal players a little bit.

Here's a hypothetical. We are in the last minute of extra time versus Arsenal at Wembley and the game is tied. If we have one sub remaining would you bring on Guzan for Shay? Remember LVG doing it for Holland against Costa Rica by bringing on Krul.

Guzan has a pretty good history of penalty saves and showing that confidence in him would make him feel about 12 feet tall. Might even screw with the minds of the Arsenal players a little bit.

I would, Guzan is good at stopping penalties.

Not on current form he isn't. He was horrific against Man City, and we can't take the chance that his nerves will be shot. Look at Enckelman and Carson, they never really recovered from similar **** ups.

That's not form. That's one game.

His form is fine. Its as good as Given has been in the cups (ie unspectacular but solid). Man city was (hopefully) a blip.

Enckleman and Carson never recovered because they weren't very good goalkeepers. Guzan is.

• Like 1

I would, Guzan is good at stopping penalties.

Yes.

I'm not sure we have 5 competent penalty takers in our squad so we would need a keeper who could save more than 1 and I'd back Guzan more.

Benteke obviously although do you put him at number one to get us off to a good start or keep him at 4 or 5. I remember Portugal put him at number 5 in the euros and it didn't even get that far.

Actually DDID you haven't named the two other obvious players, Sinclair who had an excellent record at Swansea in scoring them and apparently Bacuna never missed one when playing in Holland.

Vlaar missed one in the world cup remember and it wasn't a great penalty so it has a Southgate esque feel to it if he would take one.

Â