Brad Guzan

R.Bear

If Steer plays ahead of Guzan in the final then I'll be well pissed off. Quite frankly I dont think Guzan deserved to be dropped anyway.

Steer can't play he is cup-tied as he played for Yeovil against Man Utd
  • Like 1

If Steer plays ahead of Guzan in the final then I'll be well pissed off. Quite frankly I dont think Guzan deserved to be dropped anyway.

Guzan probably deserved to be dropped but he should be our number 1 next season. No doubt. Will be absolutely gutted if he leaves.

• Like 2

I actually don't agree it made sense to play Steer ahead of Guzan. Surely Guzan needs some game time before the cup final if Given is out injured. How often has Guzan got injured playing for us. Probably less than a 1% risk. 

I think Sherwood is wrong about Guzan. 

Totally agree, Guzan has been out of the fold for a while and would have benefited from game time. If we follow the logic that yesterday's selection was about ensuring players do not get injured then why did we play our star striker and best midfielders?

• Like 4

I actually don't agree it made sense to play Steer ahead of Guzan. Surely Guzan needs some game time before the cup final if Given is out injured. How often has Guzan got injured playing for us. Probably less than a 1% risk. 

Totally agree, Guzan has been out of the fold for a while and would have benefited from game time. If we follow the logic that yesterday's selection was about ensuring players do not get injured then why did we play our star striker and best midfielders?

Yes who of course are 10 times more likely to get injured than a goalkeeper. 

• Like 1

Yep spot on

Is it based on the season they've had or their ability?

If the latter then he's better than Schmeichel. I'd argue he's better than Begovic too as I've never understood why he has so much hype around him.

I'm surprised they didn't put Mignolet in there, considering he kept something like 13 clean sheets (if what I heard on Talksport was correct).

He's the 13th best, out of 19, on WhoScored according to the average rating for the season for GKs with more than 20 apps.

They have Pantilimon (sp?) top with De Gea all the way down in 9th. Guess it's easier to pick up higher match ratings when your making more saves as your predominately under the cosh.

Season.

6 better were (in order):

Forster, Fabianski, Lloris, Hart, Courtois, De Gea

Don't know what Fabianski is doing in there, but can't argue with the rest.

Season.

6 better were (in order):

Forster, Fabianski, Lloris, Hart, Courtois, De Gea

Don't know what Fabianski is doing in there, but can't argue with the rest.

Why isn't Given on the list, he's our number one!

Â