Brad Guzan

R.Bear

Season.

6 better were (in order):

Forster, Fabianski, Lloris, Hart, Courtois, De Gea

Don't know what Fabianski is doing in there, but can't argue with the rest.

Well he was one of Swansea's best players this season by all accounts and almost won the golden glove.

Season.

6 better were (in order):

Forster, Fabianski, Lloris, Hart, Courtois, De Gea

Don't know what Fabianski is doing in there, but can't argue with the rest.
Well he was one of Swansea's best players this season by all accounts and almost won the golden glove.
He's pony.

And given how much stick Guzan has got for a couple of mistakes, I'd love to see VT's reaction to having Fabianski in goal.

As I've said before I believe the general standard of keepers in the league is the highest since the 90s when Schmiechel, Bosnich and Seaman were the three best in the league.

Some really good keepers right through the league, I personally think Adrian was unlucky not to make the top 6 list.

Who do people actually think is the worst keeper of the regular starters in the league? I'll cheat a bit and go for John Ruddy now Norwich are back in the league. Otherwise Rob Green, Steve Harper or Mingolet.

He's pony.

And given how much stick Guzan has got for a couple of mistakes, I'd love to see VT's reaction to having Fabianski in goal.

Seeing as he's had a perfectly fine season I can't imagine there would be any problem. How much have you actually seen of him this season out of interest? What has he done wrong? This reminds me of the assertions that Guzan is better than Adrian despite the latter clearly outperforming him since he broke into West Ham's team last season.

Edited by Isa

worst keeper - Foster

best keeper - De Gea

most overrated - Howard

Rob green and foster are very much alike, capable of wonder saves but ridiculously flawed at some really basic stuff, both terrible keepers, both fighting it out to be in the England squad...

He's pony.

Seeing as he's had a perfectly fine season I can't imagine there would be any problem. How much have you actually seen of him this season out of interest? What has he done wrong? This reminds me of the assertions that Guzan is better than Adrian despite the latter clearly outperforming him since he broke into West Ham's team last season.

I've seen as much as I've seen of most goalkeepers in the premier league.

He's had a decent season by his standards, but he's still dropped a few clangers. And he still flaps at half the balls that come into the box. I've had quite enough of that with Given.

He's a decent shot stopper though, which seems to be all that matters to some people.

Fabianski is perfect for Swansea like Guzan is perfect for us. Even if Guzan has had his worst season for us, he's still well up there in the list if league's keepers. Let's just back him to be better next year, preferably with a better, more settled back four. Spending God knows how much on a keeper who isn't guaranteed to be better is a waste of funds.

Edited by sharkyvilla

Guzan's premier league record is still quite a lot better than a guy who has been known as 'Flappyhandski' at various times in his career.

That nickname works so well it makes you wonder whether it was invented because of that, rather than for football reasons.

Beware the name-based epithet, I say unto ye.

• Like 1

I must admit that I am not as keen on Guzan as some of you guys, but he is clearly the best keeper we have on our books at this moment in time, therefore he must start the Cup Final. This is a rare opportunity for us to win some silverware, so your best players must play and If Guzan doesn't then it is just plain stupidity!

If Sherwood starts Jed Steer then I will definitely start to question his judgment. Guzan has been a steady goalkeeper for us and deserves to be playing.

If it's true that Jed Steer is cup tied then I'd definitely question Sherwoods judgement...
  • Like 4

Â