Murdoch Scum

snowychap

On 06/08/2018 at 02:07, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve not bought The Sun, or Mail for the best part of a year now. It’s surprising how your views change when you’re not being brainwashed. I was obsessed with immigration and terrorism for a long time. It’s rarely on my radar anymore, and I put that simply down to not reading the papers mentioned. 

A great quote by Denzel Washington,

"If you don't read the news, you're uniformed. If you do read the news, you're misinformed"

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

English Sun headlines Vs Scottish Sun headlines.

The top pair appeared on the same day last week.

The bottom pair on the same day just before the 2017 GE.

70321440_10157689833708793_6948471887596879872_n.jpg.01cfb7a7a270359e75d0ff4d6ef6fc58.jpg

70557123_1107903162742643_2118581606179405824_o.jpg.f9b2fca5db023f1cc535e2a0f8406f75.jpg

425px-2017UKElectionMap_svg.png.f2b87ed5c5cd87b507486eaa474db451.png

Electoral map 2017.

Can anyone spot what Murdoch's being trying to achieve over the past few years?

Edited by Xann

So The Sun has plunged to depths that are despicable even by their standards. Dragging up a thirty-plus year old story about a tragedy involving Ben Stokes' family. For no good reason other than to make themselves a bit more moolah. Utter utter scum.

Sun-Ben-Stokes-front-page-1-629x800.jpg

10 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So The Sun has plunged to depths that are despicable even by their standards.

Nah, not even close to their lowest

11 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Dragging up a thirty-plus year old story about a tragedy involving Ben Stokes' family. For no good reason other than to make themselves a bit more moolah. Utter utter scum.

Yep agree with that bit they and Murdoch are the scum of the earth

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So The Sun has plunged to depths that are despicable even by their standards. Dragging up a thirty-plus year old story about a tragedy involving Ben Stokes' family. For no good reason other than to make themselves a bit more moolah. Utter utter scum.

Sun-Ben-Stokes-front-page-1-629x800.jpg

= Zero.

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Nah, not even close to their lowest

Yep agree with that bit they and Murdoch are the scum of the earth

Yeah, good point, I suppose they have done worse over the years.

Talking of which, this morning Gareth Thomas refused to name the tabloid that sent a journalist round to his parents' house to get info about his illness (before he had even told them himself) although he did say 'you know, and I know and everybody knows what paper it was' so I think we can all guess.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Print journalism has been dying for 20 years now, we studied it all in Uni way back and actually it's surprising that they've managed to hang on for this long, most predicted that it wouldn't exist by 2020.

It's a shame it couldn't have all died 5 years ago, methinks there be a strong chance we'd not be in the shit we are today (brexit/government).

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Does anyone under 60 actually read "news" papers anymore?

last time I bought one was 1996, for the League Cup Final write-ups.

OK, I'm not under 60, but we buy one a week - The Guardian, on Saturday. Mainly for the crosswords and the book reviews. It's all available online, so strictly speaking we don't need to - but it does come in handy for firelighters! 

20 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Does anyone under 60 actually read "news" papers anymore?

last time I bought one was 1996, for the League Cup Final write-ups.

People who spend a tenner or more in Waitrose (They are free)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

OK, I'm not under 60, but we buy one a week - The Guardian, on Saturday. Mainly for the crosswords and the book reviews. It's all available online, so strictly speaking we don't need to - but it does come in handy for firelighters! 

Bloody Eco terrorist :trollface:

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Print journalism has been dying for 20 years now, we studied it all in Uni way back and actually it's surprising that they've managed to hang on for this long, most predicted that it wouldn't exist by 2020.

It's a shame it couldn't have all died 5 years ago, methinks there be a strong chance we'd not be in the shit we are today (brexit/government).

I presume these losses are across both print and online. The Sun online is rather shit I seem to recall, looks like its been designed by a 7 year old with a crayon

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I presume these losses are across both print and online. The Sun online is rather shit I seem to recall, looks like its been designed by a 7 year old with a crayon

They’re one and the same thing I’d think from an overall budgeting perspective, I don’t think the online piece will carry much in terms of running costs (could be wrong) whereas the print side has a lot of infrastructure in place.

Anyway, great news, fingers crossed they die out entirely soon, there’s really no place for newspapers in this day and age, the news is obsolete within an hour of being printed, they add nothing except for fear-mongering and political/social influence these days.

• Like 1

Â