Murdoch Scum

snowychap

• 1 month later...

**** dirty scumbags the lot of em. They should be **** ashamed of themselves. Absolute scumbags of the highest order. Disgrace to the human race the ratty scum **** tosspots they are. What goes around comes around you **** bunch of scumbag nonces. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

**** dirty scumbags the lot of em. They should be **** ashamed of themselves. Absolute scumbags of the highest order. Disgrace to the human race the ratty scum **** tosspots they are. What goes around comes around you **** bunch of scumbag nonces. 

:o:crylaugh:

• 4 months later...
6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Murdoch is scum

This should not be allowed to go through, I cannot believe this cretin is even being allowed after all the scandals he has been through. 

It will go through. The Government are just going through the motions and the decision has already been made.

It is unreal that the fit and proper test by Ofcom did not take into account the phone hacking scandal. To allow the Murdochs even more control resulting in more influence over our Government is disgusting.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

It will go through. The Government are just going through the motions and the decision has already been made.

It is unreal that the fit and proper test by Ofcom did not take into account the phone hacking scandal. To allow the Murdochs even more control resulting in more influence over our Government is disgusting.

Murdoch runs this country I am afraid, now with us leaving the eu he will just obtain even more power the creep. Suprised no one  has tried taking him out. He has a hell of a lot of enemies.

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So I take it all the people who hate Murdoch will be cancelling their Sky subscriptions when this goes through then?

:) That is an interesting one isn’t it. I haven’t purchased one his rags in years and don’t subscribe to sky but on a number of occasions last season I paid for individual away matches via Now TV.

Edited by markavfc40

Arguably it's more than cancelling Sky. It's avoiding more or less everything but terrestrial TV (unless you want to venture into illegality), as all of them are at some point chucking him some money because Sky's scope.

I struggle to make an argument that doesn't have to concede he has too much influence. Significant share in the largest pay for TV provider in the UK, owns 2 of the biggest UK newspapers, coupled to influence/ownership of global TV news outlets, etc etc. His bid for Sky ownership should be binned, but politicians here are so terrified of him this will be all for show.

34 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So I take it all the people who hate Murdoch will be cancelling their Sky subscriptions when this goes through then?

I did a year ago because of his part ownership.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I did the same a couple of years ago, I don't give a penny to that guy or his businesses.

Same here, No Sky, won't even get a free copy of the Times from Waitrose

And living where I do I can't even find a copy of the Scum

• Like 3

Murdoch is a big, big problem. However the British media world is extremely narrow anyway. Trinity Mirror PLC, Johnston Press, Newsquest(owned by Gannett, biggest US media group), DC Thompson together own about 80-90% of the local print media market, with Trinity close to 40%. The amount of jobs and proper journalism that has gone down the drain due to their cost cutting and centralising must be in the 10's of thousands. There's very few local papers around anymore, they're all the same with a different logo.

The few independent groups left in the country have some wonderful papers. It's one of the few things I miss about living around Brum, you've got a great local independent press group in Midlands News Association. Around where I now live Newsquest owns all the papers from Southampton to London - and it's all the same drivel put out of the Reading head office. The rumours are that Johnston Press will probably downsize and sell a whole bunch of their papers that they've now ruined - so hopefully local people can buy these up and make the papers local again.

As a wise man once said: When you trust your television what you get is what you've got, cause when they control the information they can bend it all they want.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Hope so, I've never had it (I'm sure everyone already knows my views on SkyScumSport)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Cancelled a few years back.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

But surely a Guardian favourite - Sharon White, Chief Exec of Ofcom - is doing a superb job and should be trusted implicitly in her judgement. 

Very tongue in cheek especially as I don't truly know her influence in this whole thing and what Ofcom could/should be doing....

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Murdoch runs this country I am afraid, now with us leaving the eu he will just obtain even more power the creep. Suprised no one  has tried taking him out. He has a hell of a lot of enemies.

Someone did try.  Sort of.

Â