Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

Would be nice if it was announced at Star City and he appeared in the top! They announce Bent, then Gabby, then Fonz, then Albrighton... then Given lol! Amazing!

..... then the Zog, then Milner, then Dann, then Mulumbu, then Sturridge.

That would be amazing! :winkold:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Given had asked for a move, to get first team football.

AFAIK unless you hand in a written transfer request, you are entitled to your loyalty bonus. So Barry, Milner, Downing and Young would have all received one from us.

But Downing handed in a transfer request?!?!

Love the way that seems to keep being forgotten in certain circles.

He forfeited his loyalty bonus to force through a move to Liverpool, fact.

I thought Given had asked for a move, to get first team football.

AFAIK unless you hand in a written transfer request, you are entitled to your loyalty bonus. So Barry, Milner, Downing and Young would have all received one from us.

But Downing handed in a transfer request?!?!

Love the way that seems to keep being forgotten in certain circles.

He forfeited his loyalty bonus to force through a move to Liverpool, fact.

i have no knowledge of whether they were paid or not, its my understand that if no transfer request goes in then you get a pay off. If Downing handed one in then he doesnt.

Would be nice if it was announced at Star City and he appeared in the top! They announce Bent, then Gabby, then Fonz, then Albrighton... then Given lol! Amazing!

I have had a feeling this would happen for the last few days!

This was never in doubt. Great signing ... and boy are the Arsenal fans mad as hell Arsene missed the boat on this one!

Scoggins also reckons talks are ongoing over N'Zogbia.

Whelan just trying to squeeze more out of Randy methinks!.. Apparently Kendrick reckons WAFC told Villa what the fee was

for him and then promptly upped it! He also reckons we've only actually submitted one formal bid..

I'm with Bicks I'd walk away & leave Whelan to stew.

I posted very early on in this thread when people were being negative about this signing, but if this deal has been done, then I think it really is fantastic.

1) Great goalkeeper, consistently in the top goalkeepers in the league up until Joe Hart took his place at City

2) A leader, has captained Newcastle, Ireland and Man City in the past (I believe)

3) Loads of experience at the highest level

4) As well as being a good shopstopper etc, he is well known for being a talker and communicating with back four

5) I can only assume that he would sign for us if he has been assured we will be going in the right direction, and the only way to do that will be by signing quality players. He easily could have stayed at City and picked up his wages and played the odd game here and there and won medals. I'm being optimistic yeah, but hopefully this is just the first of the quality signings...

I'm glad we got him in and I think he will be a great addition. I'm slightly weary of the fact we have signed him on a 5 year deal though... Think it should have been 3 or 4! Not all keepers go into there very late 30s playing excellent football.