Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

The hold up, as with previous players we have signed from Man Citeh, is Given agreeing his loyalty bonus for not asking for the transfer.

No chance of us paying out for one of those anytime soon ;)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't this done already, way to drag shit out Villa. :(

It's so frustrating, it's going to be such anti-climax when he does actually get announced because it's taken so long.

Meh, so what? He'll have missed what, a week of pre-season?

Couldn't care less. Good player, good signing, very pleased.

Everyone on about his shoulder but I'm sure if it is indeed a possible problem it will be flagged up in the medical. For us to continue with the signing surely means he'll be OK. He hasn't had enough game time at Man City for anyone to know for sure.

If he is fit enough though then great signing. He's an excellent keeper, very experienced and a bargain price too.

Gazton, if you're jerking us around I may have to assemble an angry mob. ;)(Insert Simpsons picture here.)

I wouldn't do that. My record on Dunne and Ireland speaks for itself :)

Yeah, that Gary Rowe guy is someone you can always trust. ;)

Good keeper. Among the best we could hope for. IF he's as good as he was before he was put on their bench.

Everyone on about his shoulder but I'm sure if it is indeed a possible problem it will be flagged up in the medical. For us to continue with the signing surely means he'll be OK. He hasn't had enough game time at Man City for anyone to know for sure.

To my understanding something like that won't show up on a medical because his shoulder is fine right until it pops out again. There is nothing wrong with it as such it is just far more likely to happen to him than anyone else because of his history.

Your final point is 100% correct which is why this signing is a risk.

If he is fit enough though then great signing. He's an excellent keeper, very experienced and a bargain price too.

I'd say good rather than great personally as I'd rather have seen us sign a younger keeper and for me the "if" over his fitness is a far bigger question.