Confirmed Signing: Shay Given (Man City)

Mr_Dogg

Honestly, I trust the person who said (to me) we have to sell to buy, so who knows.

We have sold, twice, and not bought. So a few pennies for Cuellar shouldn't maka difference after getting ten times that for SD. I think that's why Stevo thought you might be joking. It was also rumoured that sell-to-buy did not include the goalkeeper; that replacing Friedel was a, ahem, Given, and that buying outfield players needed sell-to-buy.

Yes.

I was confused as to why, when we've sold £36m worth of players, we'd need an extra £2m to be able to spend £3.5m

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently a woman from the ticket office has told a fan who phoned up to ask about the sale of Blackburn tickets that Given will be announced before 5 today and the Blackburn tickets go on sale on Thursday.

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

I'm told the Shay Given deal should still be signed, sealed and delivered today. So hang in there #avfc fans #patienceisavirtue

Seems Man City is a contractual nightmare to get out of!!!

They really should close them down. Hate them with a fcuking passion!!!!

The problem IMO is that people are on such high wages there that a move usually requires a paycut - and if the player didn't ask for the move then he's entitled to a chunk of what he's about to lose out on contractually. So Citeh (and their players) are victims of their own generosity when it comes time to move people on.

Why does this need to be announced today. I thought the transfer window was open until the end of August.

For all we know he might actually have already signed on the dotted line. What difference does it make when it's announced as long as he has signed