What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Weren’t planning on getting many more records this side of Christmas but walked past a shop in Oxford and came out 160 quid shy with 20 albums in a plastic bag 🙂 had to stop looking in the end . Good shop and well priced . Anyway here’s one of them I’m about to play . 

D9FBC3C2-74BC-4038-A9B4-4CBBFFF58A52.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a kid, my local record shop had built a window display around a copy of Pink Floyd, The Dark Side Of The Moon.

I really really wanted that album, didn’t know what it would sound like, but I liked the cover and the fact they’d made a little shrine for it meant it must be special. But I was strictly on singles money. So I just spent a few months looking at it in the window hoping it would still be there when I was earning serious money in the sticker upper game.

Time passed, and one day my mate bought a copy of the newly released The Wall, by Pink Floyd.

We sat in his room, and he put the record on. What a pile of old shite. I decided I’d had a lucky escape not buying that album those years back. To this day, I’ve never heard Dark Side Of The Moon.

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We sat in his room, and he put the record on. What a pile of old shite. I decided I’d had a lucky escape not buying that album those years back. To this day, I’ve never heard Dark Side Of The Moon.

The Wall is where Pink Floyd became shit. It was the first Pink Floyd album I came into contact with, I also remember taking a girl to see the film on a first date (her choice), it was shit. I didn't listen to Pink Floyd for years as a result. The the Orb came along and kept drawing the PF comparisons and I went eh? (and to be honest I still think the people who compared PF to the Orb are talking shite) but it sort of nudged me into listening to see what they were on about, it was a lazy comparison but I discovered that I did indeed ike PF pre-The Wall and hated them from that point forward

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

The Wall is where Pink Floyd became shit. It was the first Pink Floyd album I came into contact with, I also remember taking a girl to see the film on a first date (her choice), it was shit. I didn't listen to Pink Floyd for years as a result. The the Orb came along and kept drawing the PF comparisons and I went eh? (and to be honest I still think the people who compared PF to the Orb are talking shite) but it sort of nudged me into listening to see what they were on about, it was a lazy comparison but I discovered that I did indeed ike PF pre-The Wall and hated them from that point forward

Yeah, the early stuff is, in all honesty, perpetually on my long list.

But they are behind Slade, and Slade are behind Patti Smith, and Patti Smith is behind Carwyn Ellis, and… well you get the picture.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve never heard Dark Side Of The Moon

It’s ok Chris. I’ve listened to it enough times for both of us, and enjoyed doing so enough to keep 2 people happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The Great Gig In The Sky is what any man should aim for in the bedroom department 

Worst track on the album by a mile.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

First two albums is where it’s at regarding Boston . You don’t need what comes after . 

Third Stage is quite listenable but those three are where I left it.

Â