What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Never gave them a listen tbf mate. I’ve heard the name before. 

Originators of the Nilsson classic “Without You” and also posthumously soundtracked the finale of Breaking Bad with “Baby Blue”.

I don’t know loads about them, but theirs is a fairly tragic tale involving one “soulless bastard”.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

The only time I had heard people talk of Budgie is by metal fans who speak of them in hushed tones. Real hardcore death to false metal types. They love them, for years I thought they were talking about Adam Faith. 

I’d heard of Budgie because of the Mobile Library.

They had a book of Roger Dean artwork that I was mesmerised by as a kid, I would repeatedly book that book out.

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They had a book of Roger Dean artwork that I was mesmerised by as a kid, I would repeatedly book that book out.

Stupid name, ridiculous album covers, shit band. 

cover_455171512009.jpg

11 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I had a copy of that book out of the library too. Hard pushed for music books so you took whatever you could. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I keep off it by occasionally posting Taylor Swift videos. 

I am yet to identify any snobs, so I suspect it’s just a list of people he has unfounded grudges against. People that don’t respond to winkle pics.

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

The only time I had heard people talk of Budgie is by metal fans who speak of them in hushed tones. Real hardcore death to false metal types. They love them, for years I thought they were talking about Adam Faith. 

They are a bit cult-ish . I like them but they aren’t in the same league as your sabbaths. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Very Beatles-y. 

I wouldn't go that far.

First releases yes, on Apple and produced by MaulPcCartney, but not everything.

On 23/10/2021 at 18:35, theboyangel said:

New Parquet Courts - it doesn’t disappoint!

0D7B66B6-A339-4C6E-A777-316CC3E70AA8.jpeg

I have just been into the city centre on an almost bogus work related trip to pick up some vinyl, this was on my list and it'll be on the turntable as soon as I get in. Bob as usual did me the favour of saving me a copy without asking me if I wanted it and saved me a copy with the Tarot Cards in that hardcore PQ fans appear to be losing their shit over if they haven't got them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I have just been into the city centre on an almost bogus work related trip to pick up some vinyl, this was on my list and it'll be on the turntable as soon as I get in. Bob as usual did me the favour of saving me a copy without asking me if I wanted it and saved me a copy with the Tarot Cards in that hardcore PQ fans appear to be losing their shit over if they haven't got them

Hope you enjoy it! Have it on now whilst cooking some tea 😁

I take it Bob still hasn’t got you that Ty Segall album in yet?!? 

22 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Hope you enjoy it! Have it on now whilst cooking some tea 😁

I take it Bob still hasn’t got you that Ty Segall album in yet?!? 

Ah well as it happens... that was also picked up today, it's finally out on vinyl!

• Haha 1

Â