What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think Pink  Floyd struggle to capture their studio albums live 

I don't. I saw them twice and it was immense both times. One was the Delicate Sound of thunder tour, and the CDs of that /those gigs are good, IMO.

• Like 1

250820114_534035914453055_7483197007543745032_n.thumb.jpg.b564e6946020aba7c84a87f9fe0f95ad.jpg

Still Sucks by Limp Bizkit 

After a 10-year wait Limp Bizkit have released new material on Halloween of all days. This is Limp Bizkit embracing their middle-age status and it is surprisingly self-aware. This isn't 99/00's Limp Bizkit that ushered in nu-metal defining tracks like 'Break Stuff' and 'My Generation', this is a more mellow and less serious band as all of its members approach, or pass 50-years old. As a result 'Still Sucks' is a fun record. There are heavy tracks, there are softer tracks and there is even a cover of Don't Change by INXS on here. The album's not going to win awards, it's not the greatest album of all time, but it is Limp Bizkit at their most self-aware, they know that people think they suck, but they just don't care anymore. 

spacer.png

A trip to Action Records in Preston today.

Something I haven’t done for a little while, picked up an unknown album because I liked the cover.

£9.00 for a brand new full length album from 2020, well worth a punt. Gotta feel sorry for anyone that launched an album in 2020.

I’m five tracks in and it’s fine so far. Not life changing, but yeah, happy with it. Slightly jangly guitar, alt pop, female vocal. It’ll get played again.

• Like 1

Sheeeit, this one has jumped up in value in the last year or so. It used to be in the £40=50 territory, The last copy sold was in the UK and was graded as VG+/VG+ - £115

I'd grade mine as the same tbh

Ride's debut - Nowhere (embossed sleeve - first pressing)

Obviously far better than any of his session work with those Mancunian tribute bands

R-383011-1544822751-7788.jpeg.jpg

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sheeeit, this one has jumped up in value in the last year or so. It used to be in the £40=50 territory, The last copy sold was in the UK and was graded as VG+/VG+ - £115

I'd grade mine as the same tbh

Ride's debut - Nowhere (embossed sleeve - first pressing)

Obviously far better than any of his session work with those Mancunian tribute bands

R-383011-1544822751-7788.jpeg.jpg

I haven't a clue if my wife's copy has the embossed sleeve. Her like of shoegaze bullshit could become my retirement fund. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The Ballad of Todd Rundgren. Are you into his stuff, @rjw63? There's a lot of Brian Wilson/BBs influence in these early albums. 

Yeah, I've got eleven Rundgren LPs and 7 Utopia records.

But not the one above.

Just spotted this in a charity shop in the village - £2.50 looks to be in very good condition

Not really my thing but its worth at least 3 or 4 times as much and the folkies seem to think its a bit of a classic

Just shows you can still find the odd bargain in a charity shop

R-4133649-1356425865-1281.jpeg.jpg

On 29/10/2021 at 20:43, blandy said:

I don't. I saw them twice and it was immense both times. One was the Delicate Sound of thunder tour, and the CDs of that /those gigs are good, IMO.

I’m just going of video footage. I’ve always thought of them better in the studio . 

Â