What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Never liked Rush. That voice sets my teeth on edge. 

I’m kind of with you on that Mike . Excellent musicianship though, and have made some really good stuff. Not a big van of the vocals, although suits the music.  

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Atom Heart Mother is superb - love the opening track! 

Thought it was about time I got myself some Pink Floyd in. I’m kind of buying mainly off one seller on eBay . Not sure what craic is with him but he gets some excellent records in. Great condition and very well priced . I’m waiting to see what batch of albums he puts up next. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theboyangel said:

It has a bad rep among critics, fans and even the band, supposedly one of their lesser efforts - but it's by far my favourite Floyd album. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Not really very much of the country or the techno, an album of straightforward rock pop built around Larry, with two tracks from the Rt Rev D Wayne Love (deceased). Stripped of many of the gimmicks they often try to squeeze in to an album, but there are a couple of tracks that are going to be absolute bangers on the car mixtape.

Solid start, not being filed away.

I did the vinyl reorganisation today. Split out all the 12” singles / EPs to put hem on the bottom shelves as I rarely play singles right now.

Separate sections for Reggae and Dub / Jazz / ON-U Sound. My only eventual conflict was Lee Perry, decided his ON-U stuff goes in there and the rest in general Reggae & Dub as that's the way I think of them anyway

Anyway, I've now got this on

image.png

On 25/09/2021 at 10:53, Rugeley Villa said:

Arrived this morning. Couple of Floyd albums . 

35D1B433-D5EF-4AC3-8A80-BE3AACCD8EFB.jpeg

On 25/09/2021 at 17:28, mjmooney said:

It has a bad rep among critics, fans and even the band, supposedly one of their lesser efforts - but it's by far my favourite Floyd album. 

On 25/09/2021 at 11:13, theboyangel said:

Following this discussion, it is my Album before bedtime tonight. There's nothing wrong with it, decent album.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Had no idea this was out until someone told me yesterday. Wasn't a huge fan of the last few albums but this one is excellent on initial listens. 

It will definitely be in my end of year list. It's superb

• Like 3

Haven't had this one out for a while

Thee Oh Sees - Mutilator Defeated At Last

The first album I bought by John Dwyer. This is an original black vinyl first press and not one of the many different later coloured vinyl variants

R-6988879-1432030181-9150.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

R-19742371-1628107647-5471.jpeg.jpg

Compilation of mixes and dubs from the '70s inc Junior Murvin, The Upsetters, Jimmy Riley and others

"If the river was money, and I was a duck, I'd dive to the bottom and drink my way up." - classic Scratch!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyway, talking about Squid as I was elsewhere...

Bright Green Field by Squid is a great album and I have it on right now

They get compared to LCD Sound System which I think is a little unfair as it's just based on the similarity of their voices.

R-18605692-1623601160-6653.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â