What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Apparently I'm not allowed to own this until tomorrow when it is released :mrgreen:

This had to be a CD purchase because the vinyl version is delayed until "early 2022"

Y in Dub - The Pop Group.

Bristol post-punk funksters release a dub version of their debut album Y from 1979

Original album producer, Dennis Blackbeard Bovell is also at the controls for this

The On-U vibes are strong here with both Mark Stewart & Bruce Smith soon to be an On-U artists (New Age Steppers and Solo) and Dennis Bovell one of Adrian Sherwoods early Dub mentors and thats without going into the connections from here to Rip Rig and Panic which leads to Neneh Cherry and again the New Age Steppers (as does Bruce Smith via The Slits and Ari Up - again NAS)

R-20763199-1635443177-8113.jpeg.jpg

And this is one of two albums I've had to stick in Discogs myself from scratch, cant actually be arsed with the second one, it'll be a job for the weekend as its a double album and a compilation so the credits will be massive (I'm hoping someone else does it)

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

DDD1DEFB-5FAD-426A-B6F2-200B97193C78.jpeg

I've gone on record (sic) here as saying I'm not a big fan of live albums, but this is one mighty exception. Fantastic record, in my all time top ten. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

Various Artists - Pop Psychedelique

Double album of French Psyche from 1964 - 2019.

Inc Brigit Bardot, Serge Gainsbourg, The Liminanas, Air, Stereolab and a bunch of Ye-Ye

0003.jpg

I just can't listen to pop or rock sung in not-English. 

It's the exact opposite with classical - I don't much like opera at all, but if I must listen to it, it has to be in foreign. English posh singing just sounds **** ing stupid. 

29 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I just can't listen to pop or rock sung in not-English. 

It's the exact opposite with classical - I don't much like opera at all, but if I must listen to it, it has to be in foreign. English posh singing just sounds **** ing stupid. 

Je t'aime

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xann said:

Alan Parker, Big Jim Sullivan, Herbie Flowers and Dougie Wright.

Get the arrangement too.

A mate of mine is a huge Gainsbourg fan. 

Nope, not for me. 

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I've gone on record (sic) here as saying I'm not a big fan of live albums, but this is one mighty exception. Fantastic record, in my all time top ten. 

I’ve always liked live albums . Whatever band I was into years ago I’d always dig out their live albums . 

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve always liked live albums . Whatever band I was into years ago I’d always dig out their live albums . 

I'm with Mike, not really a fan but occasionally the odd one is brilliant

• Like 1

I went to a gig once by The Truth because they had some ‘world record’ type thing on where the live record was released the next day.

Or some such crazy timescale.

They were an absolute stunning band live that could never get their records to have half the energy. That live record is one of very few I have, not usually a fan. In fact, I’m struggling to think of anything else I’ve got that’s live, barring when they stick extra tracks on a studio album.

on the live albums, this came out today

See the source image

was really looking forward to it, recently been listening to his 4 track acoustic recording for chris evans breakfast show on spotify and wanted an album full of the same...its not, its like an acoustic reworking of his songs but then kicked through the studio with a proper production which misses the point for me, its disappointing and a bit pointless on the first listen

i want this 

and got this

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Some bands just come alive when on stage and they can’t capture that energy in the studio. It works the other way too. For example I think Pink  Floyd struggle to capture their studio albums live 

Tell me about it, I paid £70 to go to a Kraftwerk unplugged gig when that was all the rage.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

A mate of mine is a huge Gainsbourg fan. 

Nope, not for me. 

It's not really about Gainsbourg, and I wouldn't pitch any of his other stuff at you.

It's about this one being one of the very best sounding albums of the time.
It's really short too, which helps. It's finished before you know it.

Â