What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 25/09/2021 at 11:20, Rugeley Villa said:

Thought it was about time I got myself some Pink Floyd in. I’m kind of buying mainly off one seller on eBay . Not sure what craic is with him but he gets some excellent records in. Great condition and very well priced . I’m waiting to see what batch of albums he puts up next. 

Don't do it. Life's far too short to listen to Pink Floyd. Dull beyond belief.

I think there's probably only me that likes Steve Wynn's Paisley Underground outfit, The Dream Syndicate. Contemporaries of REM and sort of from a similar school, I really like them

Anyway... Out of the Grey, 35th Anniversary remastered edition released on RSD2 this year

R-19166287-1623874239-3811.png.jpg

On 10/10/2021 at 20:24, Risso said:

Don't do it. Life's far too short to listen to Pink Floyd. Dull beyond belief.

Yeah, Belle and Sebastian are much more interesting.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Time to cut back on expenditure, so...let's get lots of cheaper stuff :)

All this lot were between £2.50 and £4.50. I loves me a bargain. (tin hat on to protect from the VT music snobs :):):) )

spacer.png

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Discogs suggests this pressing is full of pops n crackles. I must have got lucky, mine is perfect!

Usually caused by static, they just need to clean their records properly

Certainly worth a bit that album

I've probably posted this before. A 1982 Cherry Red compilation of that band John Peel used to manage in them there 60's

The Misunderstood - Before the Dream Faded

It's not my normal Sunday Morning fayre, it's on because I didn't finish listening to it yesterday

R-751757-1622615578-5488.jpeg.jpg

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Usually caused by static, they just need to clean their records properly

Certainly worth a bit that album

If the prices of Discogs are accurate and if I was a flipper, I’d have doubled my money in the last couple of years. The Dinked Editions have been particularly good at that, from Juiore to Gruf Rhys they appear to gain value.

But I’d have to be in catastrophic financial straits to ever sell a record. I’ll give them away, but to date I’ve never sold one.

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

If the prices of Discogs are accurate and if I was a flipper, I’d have doubled my money in the last couple of years. The Dinked Editions have been particularly good at that, from Juiore to Gruf Rhys they appear to gain value.

But I’d have to be in catastrophic financial straits to ever sell a record. I’ll give them away, but to date I’ve never sold one.

I think I’ve only ever sold two. And financial hardship was the reason. I had a still sealed first pressing of UFOrb and an unopened copy of the special edition of King of the Limbs by Radiohead. UFOrb I don’t regret because it was a duplicate,  Radiohead on t’other hand still pisses me off

EDIT: Oh I forgot that I also sold twenty-five copies of Choba B CCCP, the record that McCartney realeased in the USSR in 1988 and I got silly money for them. Right place, right time. I think they cost 4 Roubles each at the time but I had shit loads of Roubles as I was being paid 4 weeks average RUssian wage for a week and changing money on the black market at 10 ROubles to the dollar. So I paid around 5 or 6 quid for them in total and turned that around into about £500 with the shop that was selling them for me making about £250. They just sold the last one when a Russian boat docked in Liverpool and the bottom completely fell out of the market on that. I have absolutely no regrets on that one. The original editions I had today sell for about a tenner. A couple of weeks earlier and it wouldn't have been released, a week later and they would have been worth half of what I got for them. These really don't count though as they were never my records in my head and it's probably the shittest record McCarthorse has ever released - essentially four track demos

Â