What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

This is a belter! 

It is isn't it? They've moved it up a gear in terms of songwriting and complexity and still retained the rawness and energy that makes them so bloody good in the first place.

Cracking album, cracking band.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 3

Finished listing all my 33s and CDs. Just a few 45's to go. Well maybe a couple of hundred.

So putting the CDs away I came across aload of stuff I downloaded from the high seas, compilation cds as it were.

Some of them are pretty decent, one dated September '07 contained

Interpol

Blink 182

Liars

Priestess

eagles of Death Metal

Error Type II

Coheed and cambria

3 days Grace

Funeral for a Friend

Rival Schools

Kasabian

Wolfmother

A couple of others wouldn't play so they are in the bin.

An album I consistently return to time and time again. Taylor Swift's Lover. As a complete album, without question her best. Possibly making it into my all time top ten. It's playing now, after this it will be the similarly sounding last Regrettes album. 

Taylor_Swift_-_Lover.png

I was amazed when I played mine and one of my fave tracks was on there and I hadn’t previously realised it was a Beach Boys track!

Lady (Fallin In Love), I’ve got on a couple of mixtapes but it’s not credited Beach Boys, can’t remember who its listed as, but not them.

It felt like that was a real bonus getting that on vinyl.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I was amazed when I played mine and one of my fave tracks was on there and I hadn’t previously realised it was a Beach Boys track!

Lady (Fallin In Love), I’ve got on a couple of mixtapes but it’s not credited Beach Boys, can’t remember who its listed as, but not them.

It felt like that was a real bonus getting that on vinyl.

It's a Dennis Wilson solo track, the B side to his 1970 solo single in Europe, Sound Of Free.

I've got the UK 45, it's quite a collectors item. The French version is extremely rare.

I've also got a UK acetate of the single. I've only ever seen two of them, and I've got one :)

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

It's a Dennis Wilson solo track, the B side to his 1970 solo single in Europe, Siound Of Free.

Yeah but I’d have spotted if it was Dennis Wilson, I’ll have to dig it out and see what it’s down as originally. I hope it’s not Denis Wilson, I’ll have let myself down if it is.

ok a quick check on the laptop and its ‘Wilson’ which I think gets me off on a technicality as I’ve presumed that was a first name, like the ball in Castaway.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 1

Nice things happen when you have a well established relationship with a record shop

I went into Probe today and one of the things on my list was this but before I even asked, I was told "I have something for you", the limited edition version with the 7", I hadn't asked them to (I do sometimes) but they stuck it behind the counter for me anyway as they only got 2 of the ltd edition versions and they saved one for me because... well they just know

A Collaboration between The Liminanas and Laurent Garnier. Double album (140g) with free 7" white vinyl - De Pelicula

It's obviously The Liminanas but Garnier definitely takes the sound to more electronic places and different directions. The DJ influence definitely has the effect of making Marie's drumming more motorik and there's more psychedelic electronics going around each track.

R-20182186-1631553572-3480.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

In honour of Richrd H Kirk passing my Fish and Chips (No Gravy) are getting accompanied by Micro-phonies by Cabaret Voltaire from 1984

R-53058-1578451791-6226.jpeg.jpg

The middle of a run of three albums released on Stevo's Some Bizarre imprint through Virgin, which mark the end of the second period of the Cabs, which is probably my favourite period of the band, although Kirk recently released a few albums under the Cabs name this year and last year, two of which are great (the other is just an album of way out there structureless electronic atmospherics and is a bit meh)

Just listening to this for the third time I think. It's absolutely brilliant

Backstory: Hannah Peel  was allowed by KPM to reinterpret the original music of the celebrated 1972 KPM 1000 series: Electrosonic, the music of Delia Derbyshire and the Radiophonic Workshop. So she's sampled the original sounds and made new sounds

Hannah Peel - Fir Wave

R-18034351-1616858024-8663.jpeg.jpg

Â