What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 14/04/2018 at 17:08, blandy said:

Me either. There's something not quite "right" about their stuff. Dunno what it is. For example this

is an OK song, but I find it hard to listen all the way through,... but when someone else covers it (albeit someone I love), like this

it becomes a thing of wonder

Jerry Garcia once described the grateful dead, as like liquorice. You either love them, or you hate them. I 100% get where you're coming from with the "something not quite right" and that's part of the beauty with them with me. It sounds awkward at times, but great and they make it their own sound at the same time. I love the country side to them, and also the spaced out jams. Not as easy on the ear as Jefferson airplane, and not as radio friendly as the doors, but  great band. Very iconic too. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 3

On 22/04/2018 at 10:58, mjmooney said:

There's no question in my mind that DSotM is a great, great album. But I so rarely feel like playing it. It was the point where Floyd became less fun, for me. 

Incidentally, I feel that Porcupine Tree (who started out very Floyd-influenced) went the same way. I preferred them as a psychedelic underground act than the mega flash stadium act that Steven Wilson has turned into. 

It's probably where the band peaked, and it's an astounding piece of music. I can see where you're coming from though. There are more enjoyable Floyd albums to listen too. 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They tried,but they couldn't keep me away. Hope everything is good your side old boy :)

Can't complain mate, and you?

Press_Cover_01-300x300.jpg

Been jamming this gem non-stop these past few days. Leprous - Malina (2017)

Fantastic modern prog-influenced rock music with some seriously delicious polyrhythmics and syncopations. Some absolutely gorgeous cello backdrops and subtle use of synths work tremendously well with the clever guitar-work. Their singer is absolutely incredible too with a massive range. I could go on and on really...

Started out together with the legendary Ihsahn from black metal outfit Emperor if that peaks your kvltish interests. If that had the opposite effect, mind you this sounds nothing like black metal and is well worth a listen if your a fan of music in general.

Spotify URI: 

Â